Deputy House Speaker Inaugurates Relocation of 8 Homes for Landslide Victims in Bandung
Jakarta (ANTARA) — Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Cucun Ahmad Syamsurijal inaugurated the relocation of eight housing units for residents affected by the landslide disaster in the Arjasari area, Bandung Regency, West Java, following the disaster that struck on 5 December 2025.
He said the housing relocation marked a turning point for the victims to begin new lives in safer dwellings. He expressed his wish for the landslide victims to be able to live in peace.
"This relocation not only provides physically safer housing but also brings new hope to residents who lost their homes due to the disaster," Cucun said in a written statement received in Jakarta on Wednesday.
The relocation was carried out by handing over house keys and freehold ownership certificates directly to the beneficiaries, to ensure the legality and security of housing for affected residents.
He also noted that the handover of the relocated homes coincided with the approach of the holy month of Ramadan. He expressed his hope that the relocation would serve as a special moment, enabling the community to welcome the fasting month under normal conditions.
"Thank you to all parties who helped make this relocation possible. May these new homes mark the beginning of a better and more blessed life," said the legislator representing the West Java II electoral district.
Previously, a landslide occurred in Kampung Condong, Wargaluyu Village, Arjasari Sub-district, Bandung Regency, West Java. In the incident, 10 households were evacuated by local authorities.
The Geological Agency of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources subsequently recommended total relocation of the affected residents' buildings, following the identification of a "rotational" type of ground movement with a high potential to trigger further landslides in the area.
He said the housing relocation marked a turning point for the victims to begin new lives in safer dwellings. He expressed his wish for the landslide victims to be able to live in peace.
"This relocation not only provides physically safer housing but also brings new hope to residents who lost their homes due to the disaster," Cucun said in a written statement received in Jakarta on Wednesday.
The relocation was carried out by handing over house keys and freehold ownership certificates directly to the beneficiaries, to ensure the legality and security of housing for affected residents.
He also noted that the handover of the relocated homes coincided with the approach of the holy month of Ramadan. He expressed his hope that the relocation would serve as a special moment, enabling the community to welcome the fasting month under normal conditions.
"Thank you to all parties who helped make this relocation possible. May these new homes mark the beginning of a better and more blessed life," said the legislator representing the West Java II electoral district.
Previously, a landslide occurred in Kampung Condong, Wargaluyu Village, Arjasari Sub-district, Bandung Regency, West Java. In the incident, 10 households were evacuated by local authorities.
The Geological Agency of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources subsequently recommended total relocation of the affected residents' buildings, following the identification of a "rotational" type of ground movement with a high potential to trigger further landslides in the area.