Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Coordinating Minister for Political and Security Affairs Confirms North Sumatra Rice Stocks Are Safe

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Economy
Coordinating Minister for Political and Security Affairs Confirms North Sumatra Rice Stocks Are Safe
Image: ANTARA_ID

Coordinating Minister for Political and Security Affairs Djamari Chaniago has confirmed that rice stocks in North Sumatra are in a safe condition after inspecting the Pulo Brayan Darat I Bulog Warehouse in Medan on Friday (3/7). Djamari stated that the inspection results showed the government’s rice reserves, distribution system, and the readiness of Perum Bulog in maintaining food security in the region were functioning well. “The distribution plan is very good, as is the procurement plan. This shows the system that has been prepared is running well,” Djamari said in a written statement received in Jakarta on Saturday. According to him, the food reserves managed by Bulog are a vital element for the nation’s survival because no nation can endure without adequate food availability. “No nation can live without food,” he said. Djamari emphasised that strengthening food security is one of President Prabowo Subianto’s strategic programmes. The government is not only targeting achieving food self-sufficiency but also has a vision to make Indonesia the world’s food barn. He appreciated all Bulog personnel for their efforts in maintaining national food availability and hoped that food distribution would continue to run well so that the needs of the community in all regions remain met. “Thank you to all Bulog personnel. The people’s hope is that food remains available in every region. Carry out your duties well and be grateful for the mandate given by this country,” he said. Previously, Perum Bulog’s North Sumatra Regional Office stated it had received an additional 15,000 tonnes of rice from Bulog headquarters to strengthen staple food stocks to meet the needs of the community in the region. Currently, Bulog’s rice stock in North Sumatra has reached approximately 56,796 tonnes. This rice reserve is projected to be able to meet needs for the next eight months.

View JSON | Print