Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Condongcatur Village Head Named Suspect in Sleman Village Land Corruption Case but Not Yet Detained

| Source: DETIK_JOGJA Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Condongcatur Village Head Named Suspect in Sleman Village Land Corruption Case but Not Yet Detained
Image: DETIK_JOGJA

The Village Head of Condongcatur, Sleman, Reno Candra Sangaji, has been officially named a suspect in a corruption case involving the misuse of Village Treasury Land (TKD), with state losses estimated at over Rp 1 billion. Despite being named a suspect, the police have not yet detained Reno.

The Head of Public Relations for the DIY Regional Police, Kombes Ihsan, revealed that the case pertains to the utilisation of land in Padukuhan Gandok. In this instance, Reno is alleged to have leased the land without obtaining permission from the Governor.

“According to the investigation results, the land is located in the Gandok area, Condongcatur. This land was leased to 17 tenants without permission from the Governor of DIY, resulting in losses of approximately over Rp 1 billion,” he stated when met by journalists at the DIY Regional Police Headquarters on Tuesday (2/6/2026).

Regarding the detention, Reno has been a suspect since last week and has undergone interrogation. However, authorities have not yet proceeded with his detention.

“At this time, we have not detained the individual as the legal process is still ongoing,” said Ihsan. He added that further details would be disclosed during a full press conference, as investigators are still conducting additional examinations.

Meanwhile, the Regent of Sleman, Harda Kiswaya, confirmed that he has been informed of the case and intends to remove Reno from his position as Village Head. “The official letter arrived yesterday; God willing, we will sign it soon in accordance with applicable regulations. Naturally, an interim official must be appointed,” he said.

View JSON | Print