Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Civil Servant Who Uploaded Rio Haryanto's Personal Data Faces Disciplinary Sanctions

| Source: TEMPO_ID | Legal
A civil servant (ASN) employed by the Solo City Government, identified by the initial A, has undergone a disciplinary hearing after allegedly uploading a document containing the personal data of former Formula 1 driver Rio Haryanto to their personal social media account. The hearing was held by the Solo City Personnel and Human Resources Development Agency (BKPSDM) in the assessment room of Solo City Hall on Thursday, 19 February 2026.

BKPSDM Solo City head Beni Supartono Putro confirmed the proceedings. He explained that the examination was conducted together with an evaluation team comprising representatives from BKPSDM, the Inspectorate, and the Legal Division. A's direct superiors, including the Penumping Village Head and the Head of the Civil Service Police Unit (Satpol PP), were also present.

"The hearing began with an examination of the leadership elements, after which the individual concerned was summoned to provide a statement," Beni said when contacted on Thursday, 19 February 2026.

The case came to light after screenshots circulated of an Instagram Story post showing a marriage referral letter in Rio Haryanto's name with no redaction of personal data. In the post, A expressed surprise and pride at having unexpectedly handled the administrative process for Rio's marriage, and at meeting Rio's mother, whom A described as friendly and humble.

The examination revealed that the document was issued in 2024, when A was still serving as a contract worker (TKPK) at Penumping Village Office, Laweyan District. A has since been appointed as a full-time Government Employee with a Work Agreement (PPPK) at the Solo City Satpol PP.

Beni emphasised that although the incident occurred before A was appointed as a PPPK civil servant, the disciplinary process would still proceed. "Currently, the individual concerned holds the status of a full-time PPPK at Satpol PP. However, we are still conducting the mentoring process and disciplinary hearing," Beni said.

According to Beni, A admitted that the post was made on their personal social media account and had been deleted within 24 hours. However, screenshots had already been taken and went viral again in 2026.

"According to their admission, it was deleted before 24 hours had passed. But it had likely already been screenshotted by others and re-uploaded," he said.

Regarding the motive, Beni said A claimed to have been motivated by a sense of pride at having served a public figure. However, he stressed that the actions constituted a privacy violation.

"The motive was a personal sense of pride at having served Mas Rio. But the manner in which it was done violated privacy," he said.

As for sanctions, Beni said no decision had yet been reached. He explained that the hearing's findings would be taken to a follow-up session with the Regional Secretary and Inspector to determine the level of punishment.

"In principle, the Regional Secretary's level is sufficient for the ruling," Beni said.

He outlined the possible sanctions in accordance with civil service disciplinary regulations: mild sanctions comprising a verbal reprimand, written reprimand, or statement of dissatisfaction; moderate sanctions comprising a five per cent salary reduction for six to nine months; and severe sanctions comprising dismissal. BKPSDM is also still investigating the extent of the impact and potential damage caused by the case — whether it merely tarnished the reputation of the regional apparatus organisation (OPD) or extended to the Solo City Government as a whole.

"If the impact is broader, then naturally the considerations could be more severe than a mere reprimand," Beni said.

The follow-up hearing with the Regional Secretary is scheduled to take place after the evaluation team completes its investigation.
View JSON | Print