Cirebon Mining Operator Disputes Illegal Mining Label, Claims Valid Permits
Cirebon Regency — In response to reports across various online and print media platforms titled "Forkopimda of Cirebon Regency Shuts Down Illegal C-Category Mine in Cipanas Cirebon", the mining business owner has denied the allegations, stating that his C-category mine holds complete permits and is currently undergoing a licence renewal process.
H. Subhan, the owner of the mining site located in Curug Dengkak Block, Cipanas Village, Dukupuntang Sub-district, provided clarification regarding the reports when met in the Bima area on Friday (20/06/2025).
"It should be known that our C-category mining operation in Curug Dengkak Block, Cipanas Village, Dukupuntang Sub-district, managed by CV Bukit Aden, already possesses full legality both in terms of production — namely a mining business production permit — and in terms of the mining land, for which we already hold a forest area usage approval letter issued in 2022, valid until September 2025. The renewal application process is currently underway, so if we are labelled illegal, we object to that characterisation," Subhan stated.
Subhan suggested that the action taken by the Forkopimda (Regional Leadership Coordination Forum) appeared hasty and lacked thorough investigation, as evidenced by the placement of police cordons at the mining site and around their heavy equipment.
"When the inspection was conducted, there was indeed no mining activity — only road repairs were taking place. We comply with regulations and the law. As of 12 June 2025, we had already received a warning letter and accordingly ceased mining activities. However, our question is why the first warning letter, dated 17 May 2025, was only issued after the Forkopimda inspection," Subhan added.
Subhan continued that long before the Mount Kuda landslide tragedy, CV Bukit Aden had already undertaken the mining permit procedure through the Cirebon Regency Energy and Mineral Resources Agency (ESDM) and the Provincial ESDM, meaning that the administrative procedures had been followed. However, an irregularity occurred during the document upload process on the OSS (Online Single Submission) system.
"The documents uploaded to OSS have been stuck for nearly two months with a 'waiting' status. Whether this is due to a poor system or deliberate interference, the documents only need to be submitted — we have made two attempts with the same result: they remain stuck," he said.
Subhan also questioned the basis for the RKAB (Annual Work Plan and Budget) submission receiving no response or answer for two months, whilst the ESDM agency's grounds for prohibiting their operations is precisely the absence of an approved RKAB.
"I also want to ask what the basis is for our RKAB submission going unanswered for two months, left in limbo, whilst the ESDM agency's reason for not permitting our activities is the RKAB itself?" he said.
Subhan expressed his hope that the government, particularly the West Java Provincial Government, would conduct a review of the mining site closures across West Java, as the impact, he said, is very significant.
"Not all mines are illegal, so please conduct a review and provide a solution promptly. Do not leave us in limbo without any clarity," he concluded.
H. Subhan, the owner of the mining site located in Curug Dengkak Block, Cipanas Village, Dukupuntang Sub-district, provided clarification regarding the reports when met in the Bima area on Friday (20/06/2025).
"It should be known that our C-category mining operation in Curug Dengkak Block, Cipanas Village, Dukupuntang Sub-district, managed by CV Bukit Aden, already possesses full legality both in terms of production — namely a mining business production permit — and in terms of the mining land, for which we already hold a forest area usage approval letter issued in 2022, valid until September 2025. The renewal application process is currently underway, so if we are labelled illegal, we object to that characterisation," Subhan stated.
Subhan suggested that the action taken by the Forkopimda (Regional Leadership Coordination Forum) appeared hasty and lacked thorough investigation, as evidenced by the placement of police cordons at the mining site and around their heavy equipment.
"When the inspection was conducted, there was indeed no mining activity — only road repairs were taking place. We comply with regulations and the law. As of 12 June 2025, we had already received a warning letter and accordingly ceased mining activities. However, our question is why the first warning letter, dated 17 May 2025, was only issued after the Forkopimda inspection," Subhan added.
Subhan continued that long before the Mount Kuda landslide tragedy, CV Bukit Aden had already undertaken the mining permit procedure through the Cirebon Regency Energy and Mineral Resources Agency (ESDM) and the Provincial ESDM, meaning that the administrative procedures had been followed. However, an irregularity occurred during the document upload process on the OSS (Online Single Submission) system.
"The documents uploaded to OSS have been stuck for nearly two months with a 'waiting' status. Whether this is due to a poor system or deliberate interference, the documents only need to be submitted — we have made two attempts with the same result: they remain stuck," he said.
Subhan also questioned the basis for the RKAB (Annual Work Plan and Budget) submission receiving no response or answer for two months, whilst the ESDM agency's grounds for prohibiting their operations is precisely the absence of an approved RKAB.
"I also want to ask what the basis is for our RKAB submission going unanswered for two months, left in limbo, whilst the ESDM agency's reason for not permitting our activities is the RKAB itself?" he said.
Subhan expressed his hope that the government, particularly the West Java Provincial Government, would conduct a review of the mining site closures across West Java, as the impact, he said, is very significant.
"Not all mines are illegal, so please conduct a review and provide a solution promptly. Do not leave us in limbo without any clarity," he concluded.