Cilandak Residents Unsatisfied with Padel Noise Mediation, Demand Return to Peace and Quiet
Residents of Jalan Haji Nawi, Cilandak, South Jakarta, have undertaken mediation with the operators of a padel court deemed a nuisance due to excessive noise. However, residents say they remain unsatisfied with the outcome.
"Regarding yesterday's mediation, honestly the results have not been fully satisfactory for us as affected residents," said a local resident named Naufal (27) when contacted on Saturday (21/2/2026).
Naufal said he wants the peaceful conditions of his home environment to be restored. He expressed hope that a solution to the issue would be found promptly.
"I hope the previously quiet atmosphere in our home returns to how it used to be — without hearing the shouting of people playing padel and the sound of rackets striking balls," he said.
"Whether through an operational shutdown or effective soundproofing on the padel court's side, that is what we are working towards together with the government, the padel operators, and the affected families," he continued.
Nevertheless, Naufal said he respects the mediation outcome. Based on information he received, the operators will temporarily halt padel court operations during Ramadan.
"We appreciate today's latest development, in which the padel court operators and the village head have confirmed that operations will be temporarily suspended during Ramadan," he said.
"From the information we have, this temporary suspension was taken to focus on the soundproofing installation process," he added.
However, Naufal stressed he would continue to monitor further developments. He hopes the solution will prove effective for the comfort of residents.
"We will continue to monitor progress to ensure this solution is effective and that residents' comfort truly returns to how it was before," he said.
**Provincial Government to Take Firm Action**
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung has ordered the court to be supervised and warned that firm action would be taken. Pramono said his administration would also summon the operators and other relevant stakeholders.
"I have specifically asked the relevant agencies conducting field supervision regarding this padel matter," Pramono told reporters at Taman Semanggi, South Jakarta, on Friday (20/2).
He said a decision on the fate of the padel court would be made the following week. He noted the court had not received community approval and also lacked complete permits.
"On Monday or Tuesday we will promptly decide on padel courts that disturb public order, that have not obtained the approval of local residents, and that also have incomplete permits. The DKI Jakarta government will take firm action," he said.
"Regarding yesterday's mediation, honestly the results have not been fully satisfactory for us as affected residents," said a local resident named Naufal (27) when contacted on Saturday (21/2/2026).
Naufal said he wants the peaceful conditions of his home environment to be restored. He expressed hope that a solution to the issue would be found promptly.
"I hope the previously quiet atmosphere in our home returns to how it used to be — without hearing the shouting of people playing padel and the sound of rackets striking balls," he said.
"Whether through an operational shutdown or effective soundproofing on the padel court's side, that is what we are working towards together with the government, the padel operators, and the affected families," he continued.
Nevertheless, Naufal said he respects the mediation outcome. Based on information he received, the operators will temporarily halt padel court operations during Ramadan.
"We appreciate today's latest development, in which the padel court operators and the village head have confirmed that operations will be temporarily suspended during Ramadan," he said.
"From the information we have, this temporary suspension was taken to focus on the soundproofing installation process," he added.
However, Naufal stressed he would continue to monitor further developments. He hopes the solution will prove effective for the comfort of residents.
"We will continue to monitor progress to ensure this solution is effective and that residents' comfort truly returns to how it was before," he said.
**Provincial Government to Take Firm Action**
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung has ordered the court to be supervised and warned that firm action would be taken. Pramono said his administration would also summon the operators and other relevant stakeholders.
"I have specifically asked the relevant agencies conducting field supervision regarding this padel matter," Pramono told reporters at Taman Semanggi, South Jakarta, on Friday (20/2).
He said a decision on the fate of the padel court would be made the following week. He noted the court had not received community approval and also lacked complete permits.
"On Monday or Tuesday we will promptly decide on padel courts that disturb public order, that have not obtained the approval of local residents, and that also have incomplete permits. The DKI Jakarta government will take firm action," he said.