Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Central Tapanuli District Government Verifies Data on Homes Damaged by Flash Floods

| Source: ANTARA_ID | Social Policy

The Central Tapanuli (Tapteng) district government in North Sumatra is once again verifying data on residents’ homes damaged by flash floods that occurred in November 2025.

“This data collection is to ensure that all homes affected by the flash floods are properly recorded,” said Osis Waluyo Manik, a member of the Tapteng Disaster Management Team, in Central Tapanuli on Sunday.

According to him, the current round of verification aims to ensure that all residents whose homes sustained severe, moderate or minor damage are accurately recorded, so that no one is overlooked.

He stated that the data verification commenced on Sunday (22 February) and is targeting two sub-districts: Tukka and Badiri in Central Tapanuli.

Waluyo said that in Tukka sub-district, three teams have been deployed to collect data, so that the information submitted to the central government will be more accurate.

He added that in Tukka, more than 100 homes were damaged by the flash floods, and the data is currently being verified on an ongoing basis.

“Earlier, we found 10 homes that had not been included in the previous data collection,” he said.

Previously, North Sumatra Governor Bobby Nasution stated that the provincial government has prepared assistance of Rp60 million for flash flood survivors whose homes sustained severe damage.

“The government has prepared a budget for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of residents’ homes. So for those whose homes were severely damaged, the assistance amounts to Rp60 million,” Bobby said on Thursday (19 February).

View JSON | Print