Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Bulog Chief Seeks Swift Distribution of Rice and Cooking Oil Aid

| Source: ANTARA_ID | Social Policy
Jakarta (ANTARA) - Bulog President Director Ahmad Rizal Ramdhani has confirmed that government-mandated rice and cooking oil assistance will be distributed promptly to help ease the economic burden on beneficiary households during Ramadan 1447 Hijriah.

Rizal is targeting the commencement of food aid distribution in the fourth week of February 2026, ensuring that recipients benefit swiftly whilst maintaining the stability of essential commodities during the national religious holidays from Ramadan through to Eid al-Fitr 1447 Hijriah/2026.

"God willing, next week (fourth week of February 2026), the food aid distribution will commence," Rizal said when contacted in Jakarta on Saturday (21/2).

Rizal revealed that food aid funds have been officially released by the Ministry of Finance, enabling the distribution process to proceed once all of Bulog's internal technical and administrative preparations are confirmed complete and ready for execution.

"Yes, I just received a call about the food aid — the funds have just been released," he said.

The accelerated distribution is expected not only to strengthen the purchasing power of low-income communities but also to contribute to stabilising rice and cooking oil prices in the market.

However, Rizal did not disclose the exact amount of funds that had been released, stating only that his team would immediately accelerate the distribution of food assistance.

The National Food Agency (Bapanas) has tasked Bulog with distributing rice and cooking oil aid to 33,244,408 Beneficiary Households (KPM) to maintain purchasing power and national food price stability ahead of Ramadan 1447 Hijriah.

Bapanas Head and Minister of Agriculture Andi Amran Sulaiman said the government, through Bapanas, has officially assigned the distribution of 2026 government food reserves (CPP) to Bulog for delivery to eligible recipients.

"Among other tasks, Bulog has been asked to distribute rice and cooking oil aid to 33,244,408 recipients for the February and March 2026 allocation," Amran said in Jakarta on Sunday (15/2).

The allocation comprises 10 kilogrammes of rice and 2 litres of cooking oil per recipient for one month's supply.

The government, under the direction of President Prabowo Subianto, continues to endeavour to maintain food prices during Ramadan through to Eid al-Fitr, including through the resumption of food aid programmes for communities most in need of economic support.

"The President has called up to three times a day asking about food prices. He always says, protect the people and always side with the people," Amran said.

Therefore, Amran continued, in order to maintain the stability of food supply and prices, Bapanas is implementing strategic measures, including the distribution of 10 kilogrammes of rice and 2 litres of cooking oil over two months to 33.2 million beneficiary households.

For the two-month simultaneous distribution, Bulog will release rice stocks totalling 664,800 tonnes and cooking oil amounting to 132,900 kilolitres. The government has prepared a budget of Rp11.92 trillion for this pro-people programme.
View JSON | Print