Buleleng Education Agency Awaits Police Probe into Teacher's Alleged Abuse of Primary Student
The Buleleng Education, Youth and Sports Agency (Disdikpora) has responded to the alleged sexual abuse case involving a primary school teacher and his student, stating it is awaiting the results of the police investigation before taking administrative action against the teacher, identified by the initials MGAW. Head of Disdikpora Buleleng, Ida Bagus Gde Surya Bharata, said he had only recently received initial information about the case. The agency is currently gathering data and tracing the chronology and employment status of the teacher involved. “We are currently tracing the process. The information we have is that the teacher in question is temporarily on leave. So we are still in the process and will later ask for his statement,” Surya Bharata said on Sunday. Surya Bharata revealed that his office could not yet confirm the teacher’s employment status. He is waiting for official information from the police and will coordinate further with relevant agencies. “Tomorrow we plan to coordinate and carry out further confirmation. We are still seeking information because the initial source came from the PPA Unit,” he added. According to Surya Bharata, sanctions can only be decided after the legal process and an internal examination are completed. The decision rests with the Civil Service Advisory Officer (PPK), taking into account the results of the examination and a review by the Civil Service Advisory Board. “If the person concerned is a Government Employee with a Work Agreement (PPPK) and is proven to have violated the work agreement, the most severe sanction is dishonourable discharge. If they are a civil servant (PNS), there are also sanctions such as postponement of promotion to demotion. We will review this together with the BKPSDM,” he continued. Nevertheless, Surya Bharata stressed that Disdikpora is still waiting for developments in the investigation from law enforcement officials. Regarding information that the teacher is on leave, Surya Bharata admitted he could not yet confirm whether MGAW was on sick leave or annual leave. “We will check again tomorrow. The information is still confusing because it is rife on social media. So, we do not yet dare to confirm the identity of the person concerned,” he concluded. The alleged abuse case was previously reported, involving a primary school teacher in Buleleng Regency who is suspected of molesting his 12-year-old student. The case is now being handled by the Women and Children Protection Unit (PPA) of the Buleleng Police Criminal Investigation Unit. “Currently, PPA Unit investigators are continuing to delve into all existing statements and evidence,” said Head of Public Relations of the Buleleng Police, Iptu Yohana Rosalin Diaz, on Friday. The case came to light after the victim’s parents received information from the victim’s aunt regarding the alleged sexual abuse experienced by their child. According to the story told to the family, the victim admitted to having experienced indecent acts by a male teacher with the initials MGAW. The first incident allegedly occurred in the school’s health unit room (UKS) in March 2026. At that time, the victim claimed to have been kissed on the lips and touched on certain body parts by her teacher. Subsequently, a second incident occurred in the teacher’s bathroom on 14 June. At that time, the victim claimed to have been kissed by the teacher. Furthermore, the perpetrator is also said to have touched the victim’s intimate area and committed other alleged sexual acts. Upon hearing this story, the victim’s parents then reported the incident to the Buleleng Police. An official report was received via Police Report Number LP/B/187/VII/2026/SPKT/Polres Buleleng/Polda Bali dated 6 July 2026.