Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Bomb Threat Perpetrator in Jagakarsa Arrested by Polda Metro Jaya

| | Source: MEDIA_INDONESIA Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Bomb Threat Perpetrator in Jagakarsa Arrested by Polda Metro Jaya
Image: MEDIA_INDONESIA

The Jakarta Metropolitan Police (Polda Metro Jaya) have arrested a man suspected of making a bomb threat at SDN Srengseng Sawah 15, Jagakarsa, South Jakarta, on Monday (13/7). The suspect has been identified by the initials MY.

‘One perpetrator, with the initials MY, whose address is near the school where the incident occurred, has been arrested,’ said Polda Metro Jaya Head of Public Relations, Senior Commissioner Budi Hermanto, in Jakarta on Monday. However, he noted that the suspect’s full identity and motive are still under investigation. ‘The purpose and motive of the individual are still being investigated by the team,’ he added.

Prior to the arrest, police had already identified the suspect, who sent threatening messages via WhatsApp to teachers and administrative staff. ‘We have already identified him. So, we have been searching for the suspected perpetrator of the threat,’ said Jagakarsa Police Chief, Commissioner Nurma Dewi, to reporters on Monday.

Nurma explained that the threatening message claimed bombs had been planted at 11 points inside the school. Teachers immediately contacted the police to secure the premises, which was hosting the first day of the School Environment Introduction Period (MPLS). ‘So, everything was automatic. The Indonesian Automatic Fingerprint Identification System (Inafis) team, fire brigade, sub-district head, village head, Health Agency, and Education Agency all came to the school to ensure the safety of the children and parents,’ Nurma stated. Following a search lasting more than two hours, authorities confirmed that no suspicious objects were found.

View JSON | Print