Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Bocimi Toll Road, Previously Hit by Landslide, Now Passable Again

| | Source: KOMPAS Translated from Indonesian | Infrastructure
Bocimi Toll Road, Previously Hit by Landslide, Now Passable Again
Image: KOMPAS

JAKARTA - A landslide struck the Bogor-Ciawi-Sukabumi (Bocimi) toll road at KM 72+000 towards Parungkuda to Jakarta on Wednesday (06/05/2026) at 15:30 WIB, caused by high-intensity rain. During the handling process, traffic was diverted through the Cigombong Toll Gate to ensure the safety of road users. Minister of Public Works Dody Hanggodo stated that the handling focused on clearing landslide material, deploying heavy equipment, and restoring the transport lane’s function. “The handling was carried out quickly, focusing on clearing landslide material, deploying heavy equipment, and ensuring the transport lane can function again soon while still considering safety aspects,” said Dody, quoted on Thursday (07/05/2026). By 21:00 WIB, the inner shoulder, lane 2, and lane 1 were clear of landslide material. Meanwhile, cleaning of the outer shoulder and rounding area was still ongoing. The toll road operator, PT Trans Jabar Tol, reported that the affected section was operationally opened on Thursday (07/05/2026) at 01:00 WIB after the cleaning and installation of safety signs were completed. Head of the Toll Road Regulatory Body (BPJT) Wilan Oktavian said that a quick response on the ground was a key factor in minimising traffic disruptions. According to him, the clearing of landslide material continued to be completed, followed by technical evaluation of the slope to ensure the road’s condition was safe before full operation resumed. The Ministry of Public Works through BPJT also continued monitoring and coordination with PT TJT to ensure thorough handling and further mitigation could be carried out promptly.

View JSON | Print