Bekasi Timur Station Temporarily Closed, KRL Services Limited to Bekasi Station
PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) has announced the temporary closure of operations at Bekasi Timur Station. This closure is a consequence of the evacuation process following the collision incident between the Argo Bromo train and the KRL Commuter Line. “Bekasi Timur Station will be temporarily closed for Commuter Line services. Therefore, the service will only go as far as Bekasi,” said KAI President Director Bobby Rasyidin at Bekasi Timur Station, Bekasi City, on Tuesday (28/4/2026). Regarding the casualties, Bobby stated that so far, five passengers have been found dead in this incident. There are still three victims trapped. “The latest update on casualties is that five have died. There are about three still trapped,” Bobby said. “And those already under observation in hospitals number 79. There are nine hospitals,” he added. Bobby mentioned that KAI has set up an emergency response post at Bekasi Station. He assured that one track at Bekasi Timur Station is already operational after the trapped taxi was evacuated. “We have also set up an emergency response post at this Bekasi Station, and as we know, at 01:24, our downstream track is already operational, after we followed up on evacuating the taxi earlier along with the KRL colleagues trapped by that taxi,” he said. Previously, KAI stated that five passengers have died in the train accident incident between the long-distance train and KRL at Bekasi Timur Station. There are still three victims trapped. “The latest update on casualties is that five have died. There are about three still trapped,” said KAI President Director Bobby Rasyidin to reporters at Bekasi Timur Station, Bekasi City, West Java, on Tuesday (28/4/2026). “And those already under observation in hospitals number 79. There are nine hospitals,” he added.