Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Bekasi Mayor Urges SPPG Management to Take Responsibility for Accident Killing Vendor

| | Source: KOMPAS Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
Bekasi Mayor Urges SPPG Management to Take Responsibility for Accident Killing Vendor
Image: KOMPAS

Bekasi Mayor Tri Adhianto has requested that the management of the Satuan Pelayanan Pemenuhan Gizi (SPPG) take responsibility for the accident that killed a vendor on Jalan Kalimantan Raya, Aren Jaya Ward, East Bekasi Subdistrict, Bekasi City. “There should also be empathy and attention from the SPPG owner to the existing victims,” Tri told reporters on Wednesday (13/5/2026). According to Tri, the SPPG management is not only responsible for the legal process and treatment of the victims but also needs to consider the livelihood continuity of the victims’ families. In addition, Tri asked the management to provide attention to the injured victims who currently cannot return to work due to the accident. “The victim’s wife should be accepted to work at that SPPG. Thus, the continuation of her child’s life can also be ensured and not disrupted,” he said. Regarding the incident, Tri also requested a comprehensive evaluation of the operational work system for Free Nutritious Food (MBG) distribution vehicles, including the drivers’ work patterns. “There must be an evaluation regarding employing people and related to work patterns, which might be due to fatigue and so on,” he said. Previously reported, a Daihatsu Grandmax operational vehicle for MBG hit two vendors’ carts on Jalan Kalimantan Raya on Tuesday (12/5/2026) afternoon. Meanwhile, Neni Anggraeni (32), a fried chicken vendor, and the vehicle’s assistant Putut Dwi Putranto (52) sustained injuries and are still undergoing treatment in hospital. The Head of Traffic Police of the Bekasi City Metro Police, Commissioner Gefri Agitia, stated that his side had arrested Wawan Supandi (56), the driver of the vehicle. “For the driver, he only has minor injuries and we have secured him for further investigation,” Gefri told reporters on Tuesday (12/5/2026). Gefri said the cause of the accident is still under investigation. Currently, his side has conducted scene processing, secured evidence, requested CCTV footage, and examined several witnesses. Kompas.com has attempted to seek confirmation from the SPPG representatives who came to the victim’s funeral home, but no response has been received. Meanwhile, Kompas.com has tried to contact the Head of the National Nutrition Agency, Dadan Hindayana, and the Deputy Head of the BGN, Nanik Sudaryati Deyang. However, until this news was published, no statements have been provided.

View JSON | Print