Bareskrim Names Former OJK Senior Official a Suspect in Dana Syariah Indonesia Case
Bareskrim Polri has named one new suspect in the investment fraud and embezzlement case involving PT Dana Syariah Indonesia. The new suspect, identified by the initials FH, is known to have been a senior official at the Financial Services Authority (OJK) for the 2017-2018 period. “Investigators from the Directorate of Economic and Special Crimes at Bareskrim Polri have again named one new suspect in the a quo case, namely the suspect under the name FH,” said the Director of Special Economic Crimes at Bareskrim Polri, Brigadier General Ade Safri Simanjuntak, to reporters on Wednesday (10/6/2026). The suspect’s designation was based on a case review conducted on Monday (8/6). Investigators have obtained five pieces of valid evidence to name FH as a new suspect in the case. Ade Safri explained that FH was the founder and advisor as well as the Director of Operations and Information Systems Infrastructure at PT Dana Syariah Indonesia for the 2014-2017 period. FH was also recorded as having served as Director of the Digital Financial Innovation Group at OJK for the 2017-2018 period. In addition, FH once held the position of Director of Information Technology and Risk Management at the Indonesia Stock Exchange (BEI) from 2018-2022. “The naming of Suspect FH is the result of developments from the investigation carried out against the previous suspects who had been designated as suspects by investigators,” Ade clarified. Ade also explained a number of FH’s important roles in the PT Dana Syariah Indonesia embezzlement case, starting with establishing several affiliate companies of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia. FH also acted as a nominee shareholder without contributing capital to PT Dana Syariah Indonesia. “He was aware of a fictitious project campaign uploaded to the website and application of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia to attract lenders to invest their funds, and actively participated in events organised by PT Dana Syariah Indonesia,” Ade said. Bareskrim will summon FH as a suspect on Wednesday (17/6) at Bareskrim Polri. FH is currently also subject to a travel ban preventing him from leaving the country. “A request to prevent Suspect FH from leaving the country has also been made through the Directorate General of Immigration at the Ministry of Immigration and Corrections for the next 20 days, starting from 8 June 2026 to 27 June 2026,” Ade explained. In this case, Bareskrim Polri had previously named four people as suspects. They are the President Director of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia Taufiq Aljufri, former Director of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia Mery Yuniarni, Commissioner of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia Arie Rizal Lesmana, and Director of PT Dana Syariah Indonesia for the 2018-2024 period Atis Sutisna. Ade Safri stated that the fraud was allegedly perpetrated by PT Dana Syariah Indonesia by creating fictitious projects. These fictitious projects were created by PT Dana Syariah Indonesia using the data of existing investment recipients (borrowers) which were falsely presented as having new projects. At least 15,000 lenders fell victim to the alleged criminal act, with the total value of losses reaching Rp 2.4 trillion during the 2018-2025 period. As a result of their actions, the three suspects are charged under Article 488 and/or Article 486 and/or Article 492 of the Criminal Code and/or Article 45A Paragraph (1) in conjunction with Article 28 paragraph (1) of the Electronic Information and Transactions Law and/or Article 299 of the Law on Financial Sector Development and Strengthening, and Article 607 paragraph (1) letters a, b, and c of the Criminal Code.