Attorney General's Office Supports KPK's Summoning of Two Prosecutors in Rejang Lebong Regent Bribery Case
Jakarta - The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) supports the Corruption Eradication Commission’s (KPK) move to summon two prosecutors as witnesses in the alleged bribery case for project “ijon” involving the suspended Regent of Rejang Lebong, Muhammad Fikri Thobari.
Head of the Legal Information Centre at the AGO, Anang Supriatna, stated that his office respects the ongoing law enforcement process at the KPK.
“We support and respect every law enforcement process carried out by the KPK,” Anang told Kompas.com on Wednesday (22/4/2026).
According to Anang, the summoning of the two prosecutors was conducted in accordance with applicable procedures, prioritising professionalism and the presumption of innocence principle.
Previously reported, the KPK summoned several witnesses in the case of alleged project “ijon” bribery within the Rejang Lebong Regency Government in Bengkulu.
Two of them are prosecutors, namely Marjek Ravilo from the Bengkulu District Prosecutor’s Office and Ranu Wijaya from the Rejang Lebong District Prosecutor’s Office.
In addition, the KPK also summoned two police officers, namely AKP Muslim from the Bengkulu Provincial Police and Rico Andrica from the Rejang Lebong Resort Police.
The examination of these witnesses took place at the Bengkulu Provincial Representative Office of the Financial and Development Supervisory Agency (BPKP).
In this case, the KPK has named Muhammad Fikri Thobari as a suspect along with four others: the Head of the Public Works and Spatial Planning Department of Rejang Lebong, Hary Eko Purnomo, as well as three private individuals: Irsyad Satria Budiman, Edi Manggala, and Youki Yudiantoro.
The funds are said to have come from three companies that won projects in the Rejang Lebong Regency Public Works and Spatial Planning Department.
KPK’s Deputy for Enforcement and Execution, Asep Guntur Rahayu, previously stated that the money was handed over through intermediaries following the direct appointment of projects.
“It is alleged that an initial handover of fees (ijon) in the form of money from the three contractors to MFT (Regent of Rejang Lebong) through intermediaries totalled Rp 980 million,” said Asep Guntur Rahayu at the Red and White Building in Jakarta on Wednesday (11/3/2026).