Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Attorney General's Office: No Summons Schedule Yet for Nanik S Deyang After BGN Resignation

| | Source: REPUBLIKA Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Attorney General's Office: No Summons Schedule Yet for Nanik S Deyang After BGN Resignation
Image: REPUBLIKA

The Attorney General’s Office (Kejagung) has stated that there is currently no schedule for the examination of Nanik Sudaryati Deyang after she resigned from her position as head of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN). Nanik previously submitted her resignation as Head of BGN, citing health reasons. “For now, there is no summons schedule,” said Head of the Attorney General’s Office Legal Information Centre, Anang Supriatna, when confirmed in Jakarta on Wednesday (22/7/2026). However, Anang stated that investigators could examine Nanik if her testimony is required in the investigation of the alleged corruption case concerning the governance of the Free Nutritious Meal Programme (MBG) at the BGN for the 2025–2026 period. “Going forward, the possibility is not ruled out as long as investigators need her statement for evidentiary purposes,” he said. Through her social media account, Nanik conveyed that she would undergo treatment for heart disease abroad. She also admitted to having submitted her resignation to President Prabowo Subianto. “I told the President with a thousand apologies that it seems I must resign as Head of BGN for the sake of my health,” said Nanik. Nanik also mentioned that the President agreed to her resignation but asked her to continue overseeing the BGN. According to her, there is a possibility the President will form a supervisory board for the BGN and the implementation of the Free Nutritious Meal Programme, with her as the chair of the supervisory board. In her statement, Nanik affirmed her continued support for President Prabowo’s efforts to improve public welfare through various government programmes.

View JSON | Print