Andrie Yunus pre-trial case: Police say there was no attempt to halt the proceedings
Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Jakarta Metropolitan Police (Polda Metro Jaya) as respondent in the pretrial challenge to the case of the pepper spray attack on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus stressed that the handing over of case evidence to the TNI was not an attempt to halt the case covertly.
“That the handing over of the evidence and copies thereof to the Puspom TNI was carried out purely for coordination,” said the Legal Affairs Team (Bidkum) of Polda Metro Jaya in the hearing for the respondent’s answer at the South Jakarta District Court, Thursday.
The Bidkum Team said the investigation process is still ongoing and active, including witness examinations, seizure of evidence, forensic laboratory examinations, forwarding SPDP, issuance of SP2HP, coordination among law enforcement agencies, and other investigative actions in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The evidence handed over to the TNI forms part of cross-agency coordination. It is not for termination of the investigation, because there is not yet an investigation termination order (SP3) issued by the institution to date.
‘The claimant’s assertion that the respondent has delayed the handling of the case or conducted covert termination of the investigation is untrue,’ said the Polda Metro Jaya Bidkum.
Therefore, the Bidkum Team asked the judge to reject or not accept the pretrial challenge filed by the Democracy Advocacy Team (TAUD).
‘It is also hoped that the judge will decide that the investigation conducted in this case has been professional and in the legal interest,’ he said.
Order that the respondent appear directly in the trial for the a quo pretrial.
Subsequently decide, accept, and grant the applicant’s request in full.
Declare that the applicant has legal standing and is entitled to file a pretrial in the matter a quo.
State that the respondent has delayed handling the case based on police report number LP/A/222/III/2026/Satreskrim/Restro Jakpus/Polda Metro Jaya dated 13 March 2026 without a lawful reason.
State that the respondent’s action of not continuing the investigation based on police report number LP/A/222/III/2026/Satreskrim/Restro Jakarta Pusat/Polda Metro Jaya dated 13 March 2026 and transferring the handling without clarity constitutes an unlawful termination of the investigation.
Order the respondent to continue the legal process regarding police report number LP/A/222/III/2026/Satreskrim/Restro Jakarta Pusat/Polda Metro Jaya dated 13 March 2026 and transfer the case to the public prosecutor no later than 14 days after this decision is read.
Order the respondent to pay the costs arising in the matter a quo.
Currently, there are two reports proceeding at Polda Metro Jaya, namely Police Model A report created by the police and Police Model B report previously reported to Bareskrim, then transferred to Polda Metro Jaya.
The petition was filed because the investigation process for Police Model A Report is deemed blocked or stagnating. They view that there has been no development or follow-up in the law enforcement process.