Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Andrie Yunus Gradually Recovering After Intensive Treatment

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Andrie Yunus Gradually Recovering After Intensive Treatment
Image: ANTARA_ID

Jakarta (ANTARA) - The condition of Andrie Yunus (28), Deputy Coordinator of the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS), is said to be gradually improving after undergoing intensive treatment following an acid attack.

“Andrie has undergone a series of operations performed by the medical team at Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (RSCM), and Alhamdulillah, praise be to God, his condition is now improving,” said KontraS Coordinator Dimas Bagus Arya at Mbloc Space, Jakarta, on Tuesday.

Dimas stated that Andrie was diagnosed with burns covering 20% of the right side of his body. Additionally, his right eye suffered 40% damage to the cornea.

“As I mentioned earlier, the good news is that Andrie’s condition is gradually recovering,” he said.

Dimas, representing KontraS and Andrie Yunus, conveyed thanks for the support from various parties who have followed the case to date.

“Because of friends, we don’t have weapons, we don’t have much money, we only have one thing: our solidarity and determination as citizens helping one another,” he said.

Previously, the Jakarta Military Court II-08 scheduled the first hearing for the alleged assault case against KontraS activist Andrie Yunus on Wednesday (29/4).

The initial hearing will cover the reading of the indictment against the defendants, who are active military members.

In this case, four military members have been designated as defendants. They consist of three officers and one non-commissioned officer, namely Captain NDP, First Lieutenant BHW, First Lieutenant SL, and Second Sergeant ES.

All four were previously suspects and are now officially defendants after the case file was handed over to the court.

The case is registered under number 55/K/207/AL-AU/IV/2026 dated 13 April 2026. The file includes evidence, the four defendants, and eight witnesses to be presented at the trial.

Of the eight witnesses, five are military members, while the other three are civilians.

View JSON | Print