Allegedly Abducted Woman in West Bandung Returned by Perpetrator to Family
A woman with the initials MN, 23, a resident of Cililin District, West Bandung Regency, who was previously reported as a suspected kidnapping victim, has returned to her family home safely. Head of the Criminal Investigation Unit at Cililin Police, Ipda Fakhmi Zainal Hidayat, stated that the victim was sent back by the suspected perpetrator, identified as MRSA, 23, around 2 p.m. Western Indonesia Time after travelling from Baturaja, South Sumatra. “That’s right, Alhamdulillah today she has returned to her family, the victim has been sent back,” he said on Wednesday, 22 July 2026. The victim was accompanied from Baturaja by the suspected perpetrator’s mother and MRSA. However, the pair did not escort the victim all the way to her home in Rancapanggung Village, Cililin District. “She was actually sent back with the suspected perpetrator’s family, so the mother and the suspect accompanied her to Bandung,” he said. According to Fakhmi, the victim was only taken as far as Leuwipanjang Terminal in Bandung City. Before the vehicle arrived at the terminal, the suspected perpetrator and his mother got off first and left the location. After receiving information about the victim’s return, the family immediately picked up MN at Leuwipanjang Terminal. The victim was then taken back to her residence in Cililin District. “So she was picked up by her uncle and taken straight home. The suspected perpetrator did not take her all the way home; he got off before the terminal,” he said. Initial examination results showed the victim was in good physical health and had no injuries. However, the victim is still experiencing trauma, so investigators have not been able to take a full statement. “She is already at home, in good health and safe, we checked on her directly at her house. It is clear she is traumatised,” he said. Fakhmi said Cimahi Police investigators are still looking into the sequence of events experienced by the victim. Police will also propose psychological support before further examination is conducted. “We cannot force things given the victim’s condition. We will propose trauma counselling, and going forward we will confirm with the family,” he said. Meanwhile, a family representative, Silma Azizah, confirmed that MN had returned home after being reported missing since 12 July 2026.