Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

All Flood Points in Jakarta Have Receded by Monday Night

| | Source: KOMPAS Translated from Indonesian | Infrastructure
All Flood Points in Jakarta Have Receded by Monday Night
Image: KOMPAS

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - The Jakarta Regional Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD DKI) has confirmed that all flood points in Jakarta have receded on Monday (20/4/2026) night.

Head of the Data and Disaster Information Centre of BPBD DKI Jakarta, Mohamad Yohan, explained that the flooding that temporarily inundated several areas of Jakarta was caused by the alert status 3 at the Katulampa Dam.

“BPBD records that all inundations in the DKI Jakarta area have receded. This occurred thanks to collaborative efforts by the relevant Regional Work Units (OPD),” Yohan said when confirmed via text message on Monday.

“BPBD DKI urges the public to remain cautious and alert to the potential for inundation. In emergency situations, immediately contact the telephone number 112,” Yohan stated.

Previously, several residents’ homes in Jatinegara Sub-district were flooded due to the overflow of the Ciliwung River on Monday (20/4/2026).

Head of Bidara Cina Ward, Suhartono, explained that water levels reached 1.2 to 1.5 metres in the areas of RT 12/RW 11 and RT 05/RW 07, Bidara Cina Ward.

“On Monday, 20 April 2026 at 03.00 WIB, water in the Ciliwung River in Bidara Cina Ward began to overflow onto roads and into some residents’ homes,” Suhartono said when confirmed on Monday.

At that time, the Katulampa Dam and the Depok Monitoring Post were on alert status.

Meanwhile, Head of the Task Force (Kasatgas) of BPBD East Jakarta, Rangga, stated that two sub-districts were affected by the flooding due to the Ciliwung River overflow.

“The number of affected sub-districts is two, while the number of affected wards is three, with 705 affected family heads and 2,259 affected residents,” Rangga said.

View JSON | Print