Agus Isrok's case delayed
JAKARTA (JP): The court proceedings in the drug case involving second Lt. Agus Isrok, a member of the Army's Special Force (Kopassus), remain on hold because military prosecutors need to refine the dossier, officers said on Thursday.
"Military prosecutors are studying the dossier to develop it further before sending it to the military court," the head of the Military Prosecutor's Office, Maj. Gen. Chalid Karim, said at Indonesian Military headquarters in Cilangkap, East Jakarta.
"This developing process may delay the hearing of Agus' case from the scheduled date in late March or early April," he said, adding that prosecutors were looking for additional evidence.
The head of the Indonesian Military Legal Office, Maj. Gen. Timor P. Manurung, said the case was completely under the authority of the Military Court.
"We will send the dossier to the Military Court only after we have completed it," he added.
Agus, the son of former Army chief of staff Gen. Subagyo Hadi Siswoyo, was arrested on Aug. 8 last year at a hotel in West Jakarta for possession of drugs. Also arrested was civilian Donny Hendriawan.
The Military Police declared Agus a suspect on Feb. 22 and his case will be heard in a separate trial from that of Donny. (nvn)