Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

AGO to Examine Former BGN Deputy Chief Sony Sanjaya Next Week Regarding Justice Collaborator Request

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Legal
AGO to Examine Former BGN Deputy Chief Sony Sanjaya Next Week Regarding Justice Collaborator Request
Image: DETIK

The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) has scheduled an examination for Sony Sanjaya, a suspect in the alleged corruption case concerning the governance of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN) for the 2025-2026 fiscal year, next week. The examination is intended to delve into the justice collaborator (JC) application he has submitted. “Definitely next week. Next week, just wait for the date later,” said AGO Head of Legal Information Anang Supriatna at the Junior Attorney General for Special Crimes (Jampidsus) Round Building in South Jakarta on Friday (12/6/2026).

Meanwhile, Jampidsus Director of Investigation Syarief Sulaeman Nahdi stated that the examination aims to confirm the evidence Sony claims to possess in order to expose the involvement of other parties. “In the near future, we will examine suspect SS to confirm the JC application he has submitted to us,” Syarief said. He made this statement in response to questions regarding 26 names allegedly included in the Examination Report (BAP) and purportedly submitted by Sony’s side. Syarief noted that his team is still conducting an in-depth review. “We will check, we also have our own evidence, we will scrutinise everything. Later, we will summon and examine Mr SS, who submitted the JC application,” Syarief continued.

Syarief explained that investigators are currently still studying the application. His team is also comparing the evidence already in the investigators’ possession with the information Sony is expected to provide. “Because Mr SS has not yet disclosed what evidence he has, we are also assessing what evidence we have on our side,” he clarified. However, Syarief did not specify the exact day Sony will be examined, only stating that the examination will take place next week. “As soon as possible, we will inform you. As soon as possible,” he concluded.

It was previously reported that Sony Sanjaya’s legal counsel, Krisna Murti, stated that his client had already provided more than 20 names allegedly involved in the corruption of the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) programme governance to AGO investigators. These dozens of names were submitted in the Examination Report (BAP). “We have already conveyed to the investigators (more than 20 names), it is already in the BAP from when I accompanied Mr Sony during the examination, we have put it in the BAP,” Krisna told reporters on Wednesday (10/6/2026). Krisna mentioned that the application letter to become a justice collaborator has been submitted to investigators. He hopes his client’s JC application will be granted. “We submitted the (JC) letter yesterday, it has been signed, and I have handed it over (to the AGO). We hope the AGO will grant the JC status to help uncover a larger event and to facilitate the development of the investigation,” he said.

View JSON | Print