Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

AGO Confirms MBG Corruption Probe Continues Despite Febrie Adriansyah's Suspect Status, 50 Witnesses Examined

| Source: VIVA Translated from Indonesian | Legal
AGO Confirms MBG Corruption Probe Continues Despite Febrie Adriansyah's Suspect Status, 50 Witnesses Examined
Image: VIVA

The investigation into alleged corruption in the management of the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme at the National Nutrition Agency (BGN) is confirmed to be moving forward. The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) has stressed that the investigation is not affected by the recent controversy involving former Junior Attorney General for Special Crimes (Jampidsus), Febrie Adriansyah. Despite public attention being drawn to the graft allegations linked to Febrie, the Adhyaksa Corps assured that the investigative team remains focused on probing the MBG case. The examination of witnesses and collection of evidence is still ongoing. Head of the AGO Legal Information Centre, Anang Supriatna, confirmed that the investigation process is proceeding as it should. “The investigation is running according to mechanism and regulations,” Anang said when confirmed by reporters on Wednesday, 15 July 2026. Anang explained that investigators are continuing to delve into all legal facts in the case. The number of witnesses who have been questioned has now reached more than 50 people. “The examination of witnesses has been quite extensive, already more than 50 people,” he said. Furthermore, the AGO confirmed that the rejection of the justice collaborator (JC) application filed by suspect Sony Sonjaya by the Witness and Victim Protection Agency (LPSK) will not change the direction of the investigation. Investigators continue to work according to procedure and respect the authority of each institution. “Regarding the rejection of the JC by LPSK, we fully respect the authority of the LPSK, and investigators in carrying out their duties remain cautious and uphold the principle of presumption of innocence,” Anang stated. For context, the AGO has named seven suspects in the alleged corruption case involving the management of the Free Nutritious Meal Programme at BGN. In addition to Dadan Hindayana, Sony Sonjaya, and Lodewyk Pusung, investigators have also named Asep Yusuf Somantri, who is said to be a close associate of Sony Sonjaya; Andri Mulyono, Commissioner of PT Yasa Artha Trimanunggal; and Glory Harimas Sihombing, Chairperson of the Indonesia Food Security Review Foundation. Most recently, an active police officer, Brigadier General Lalu Muhammad Iwan Mahardan, who previously served as Head of the Legal and Public Relations Bureau at BGN, was also named a suspect. In this case, investigators suspect the individuals of committing various irregularities in the procurement of goods and services to support the implementation of the MBG programme.

Tags: berita
View JSON | Print