Adviser Mojtaba Khamanei Accuses Trump of Betraying Diplomacy Again
TEHRAN – The US has not lifted the maritime blockade on Iranian ports despite President Donald Trump claiming otherwise, said Mohsen Rezaei, advisor to Iran’s Supreme Leader, on Saturday, 30 May 2026. Previously on Friday, Trump stated on social media that the US maritime blockade on Iran ‘will now be lifted.’
He added that he would make a ‘final decision’ during a meeting in the White House Situation Room. ‘As expected, the US president has betrayed diplomacy for the third time. By continuing the maritime blockade and making excessive demands in negotiations, he has once again proven that he is not a supporter of dialogue but has other objectives,’ Rezaei said on X.
On 28 February, the US and Israel launched attacks on several targets in Iran causing damage and civilian casualties. On 7 April, the US and Iran announced a two-week ceasefire.
However, subsequent talks in Islamabad ended without result, and the US then imposed a blockade on Iranian ports.