Actress Davina Karamoy Admits Receiving Allowance from Hanania Travel in Umrah Fraud Case
Actress Davina Karamoy has admitted to receiving pocket money from PT Khazanah Tamma Internasional, also known as Hanania Group, for performing the Umrah pilgrimage. However, she claims the money has since been returned. The statement was made after she underwent examination as a witness in a case of alleged fraud and embezzlement of Umrah travel funds involving Hanania Travel. Davina was questioned for approximately six hours and faced 30 questions from investigators of the State Security Sub-directorate of the General Criminal Investigation Directorate at Polda Metro Jaya. “It’s the same as the others, and indeed I received pocket money. The pocket money has been returned,” Davina said at Polda Metro Jaya on Thursday (18/6). Davina explained that she undertook the Umrah trip with Hanania Travel after being contacted by the travel agency. She said she was interested in the offer after seeing other public figures who had previously travelled for Umrah and collaborated with Hanania Travel. “Several of my artist friends had also been dispatched before me. At that time, the timing was also right in September, I wanted to perform Umrah, so in the end we collaborated after that,” she said. Her legal counsel, Yulius, stated that his client had already intended to perform the pilgrimage to the holy land since 2024. It was coincidental that Hanania Travel contacted Davina. “Because she already had the intention to go, she departed in 2024. Then in 2025, we departed again, this time with family,” he said. “But I underline, the 2025 departure was paid for. The amount we paid for several people was Rp233.8 million. So, that means there was a payment from us for that departure,” he added. Yulius denied that Davina promoted Hanania Travel’s business. According to him, Davina was merely contracted to upload moments during her Umrah journey. “We never promoted it because the contract stated that we only do daily stories. So the journey during the Umrah pilgrimage, that is what my client made and posted to her Instagram without promoting Hanania,” he said. On that occasion, Yulius also denied that his client had invested in Hanania Travel. He confirmed that his client was given pocket money of Rp10 million per departure and that it had been returned. “There is no investment at all. The explanation is that we were given pocket money, not a payment, amounting to Rp10 million per departure. But with full awareness, we have returned the pocket money,” he said. Police previously named the President Director of PT Khazanah Tamma Internasional, Ahmad Syah Farhan, as a suspect in the case of alleged fraud and embezzlement of Umrah travel funds on Friday (29/5). Farhan has now been detained. In this case, Farhan is charged under Article 492 of Law Number 1 of 2023 concerning the Criminal Code and/or Article 486 of the Criminal Code and/or Article 607 of the Criminal Code. Preliminary investigations revealed that funds deposited by prospective pilgrims were used for purposes outside the departure process. The money was also used by the suspect to pay a number of influencers to promote Umrah packages.