Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

14 Old Public Minivans Over 20 Years Old Caught in Bogor City Operation

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Infrastructure
14 Old Public Minivans Over 20 Years Old Caught in Bogor City Operation
Image: DETIK

The Transportation Department (Dishub) conducted an operation at several locations used as parking bases by public minivans (angkot) in Bogor City. During the enforcement, 14 old angkot units over 20 years old were found still operating and were immediately dealt with by officers.

‘It was not a raid, but an enforcement action against angkot violations for parking and stopping arbitrarily, including those that are no longer roadworthy,’ said Faisal Rahman, Head of Control and Order (Dalops) at Bogor City Dishub, on Monday (22/6/2026).

Faisal said the angkot operation was carried out earlier in the morning on Jalan Mayor Oking near Bogor Station and around the Paledang Bus Stop on Jalan Kapten Muslihat, Bogor City. During the operation, old angkot were discovered with conditions such as peeled and rusty roof covers, cracked wing mirrors, broken rear windows, missing door linings, and unroadworthy tyres.

The old angkot that were caught were then stripped of their route identities to prevent them from being operated again. A total of 14 old angkot with a technical age of over 20 years were netted in the morning operation.

‘There were 14 old angkot units caught during the enforcement carried out this morning on Jalan Mayor Oking and at the Paledang Bus Stop, Jalan Kapten Muslihat. The condition of the angkot, well, we can see for ourselves, they are no longer fit for purpose,’ said Faisal.

Faisal stated that the 14 old angkot caught were subject to ticketing sanctions. The ticketing is one form of socialisation in the context of phasing out old angkot in Bogor City.

‘The sanction is just a ticket for the vehicle documents. Regarding the Mayoral Regulation (on angkot arrangement), we are still in the socialisation stage. Strict action will be taken later,’ said Faisal.

Previously, Bogor Mayor Dedie A Rachim officially signed the Mayoral Regulation concerning the technical age restriction of urban transport (angkot) on 15 June. Old angkot over 20 years old are now officially prohibited from operating in Bogor City.

The Bogor City Transportation Department (Dishub) recorded that the number of urban transport vehicles (angkot) with a technical age of over 20 years reached 1,780 units. These old angkot will be enforced according to the Bogor Mayor’s regulation on the technical age restriction of angkot.

‘The current number is approximately 1,780 units, that is the latest data collection according to the database at the Transportation Department, based on the database as of May 2026. The number of angkot that are 1,780 are those aged over 20 years. For those under 20 years, there are approximately 830,’ said Dody Wahyudin, Head of the Transport Division at Bogor City Dishub, on Tuesday (16/6/2026).

View JSON | Print