Reconstruction of JSX bomb blast
JAKARTA (JP): The reconstruction of the Sept. 13 bomb blast at the Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSX) building in South Jakarta was scheduled to be carried out on Saturday, Jakarta Police detectives chief Sr. Supt. Harry Montolalu said.
"The reconstruction will take place at the auto repair shop and the JSX building," Harry said, while referring to the Krung Baro Motor auto repair shop in Ciganjur, South Jakarta, which was allegedly the site for assembling the bomb.
The police officer was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting between Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. Mulyono Sulaiman and executives of the Jakarta office of the Indonesian Journalists Association (PWI).
Harry, however, did not elaborate on the time for the reconstruction.
He said it would involve four main suspects in the Sept. 13 bombing, which killed at least 11 people, injured dozens others and damaged some 200 vehicles.
Police had earlier named four men, identified as Tengku Ismuhadi, Ibrahim A. Manaf, Ibrahim Hasan and Irwan, as the main suspects of the bombing.
The first two, who are civilians, had acted as the planners and controllers of the bombing, while the other two, who are military personnel, were operators who assembled and planted the bomb at the JSX building, police said.
Harry said the police had asked for expert assistance from publicly listed state-owned telecommunication company PT. Telkom to prove that several minutes before the blast, the four suspects were communicating to each other via cellular phone near the JSX building.
Harry also said that the suspects had admitted that they were at the scene shortly after the bomb exploded to see if their plan had been executed as planned.
"They were there among other spectators who came to the JSX building (to see what happened)," Harry said.
Police have earlier said that the suspects of the JSX bombing were members of a group that had a wide network and which had carried out several bombings in many areas in the country. (jaw)