Oriental delicacy from Gran Melia
JAKARTA (JP): Here is another recipe of Chinese fare that will make your tastebuds dance. This light delicacy is a combination of smooth tofu, tasty prawns and luscious oyster sauce.
This meal is best served with warm rice and accompanied with a cup of Chinese tea.
Steamed snow beauty beancurd with prawn
* 8 medium pieces of white tofu
* 6 prawns, peeled
* 6 snow fungus
* 6 ear-shaped black fungus
* 8 red matrimony berries
* 6 broccoli flowerets
* 1 tsp oyster sauce
* 1/2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
* 2 tsp sago flour
* 100 ml water
* salt to taste
(Makes 4 servings)
1. Cut tofu into small rectangles.
2. Prepare a pan and boil prawns and in another boil broccoli, red matrimonies and the fungus.
3. Arrange tofu, boiled prawns and vegetables on four serving plates and steam until the tofu is cooked.
4. Meanwhile, combine oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sago flour and water and stir well. Cook the mixture over low heat, until the sauce thickens. Season with salt.
5. Pour over the steamed tofu. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Tien Chao Restaurant by Alex Chong Witt of Gran Melia Jakarta.