Where to go in Bali for Thursday, March 10, 2005
* Video Installation VIDEO Spa : Therapy For Everyday Living by Krisna Murti, at Gaya Gallery, Gaya Fusion of Senses, Jl. Raya Sayan Ubud (Tel. 0361 979252, www.gayafusion.com). Opening ceremony at 7:30 p.m., March 15 * Arts Ocean Mood by Made K. Bendesa at Ganesha Gallery Four Seasons Resort Bali, Jimbaran Bay, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., until March 18 * Painting Symphony of Colors by Gun Gun at Maya Ubud Resort & Spa, until March 15 * Arts Life-Styles, at Danes Art Veranda, Jl. Hayam Wuruk 159, Tanjung Bungkak, Denpasar (Tel. 0361 242659), until March 20 * National Cartoon Exhibition, Arma Museum, in Ubud, until March 15 * Painting Female Nude Fantasy and Daily Village Life Collection, at Alila Ubud, Malinggih Kelod village, Payangan Gianyar, until March 11. * Exhibition of Blown Glass Into the Deep by Richard Morrell, Jenggala Keramik Bali, Jl. Uluwatu 2, Jimbaran, until May 5 * Exhibition of Vernacular Photographs from Padang Minang Memories, at Richard Meyer Culture Jl. Petitenget 200X, Kerobokan (Tel. 0361 7445179), until June 2005
Museums and Galleries
* Sika Galery, Jl. Raya Campuhan Sanggingan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975727, 975085) * Blue Moon Gallery, Jl. Tirta Tawar, Banjar Kutuh Kaja, Ubud (Tel. 0361 976727), open daily, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Puri Lukisan, Jl. Raya Ubud, Gianyar (Tel. 0361 975136), open daily, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Museum of Bali, Jl. Letkol Wisnu, downtown of Denpasar (Tel. 0361 2277271), open Tuesday - Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Archeology, near Museum of Bali, open Tuesday - Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Taman Budaya Cultural Center, Jl. Nusa Indah, Denpasar, open daily except holidays, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Museum Le Majeur, painting museum of Le Majeur, famous Bali- style painter, Jl. Hang Tuah, Sanur, open Saturday - Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Subak, museum of Balinese irrigation system and organization, Tabanan, open daily, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Museum Kirtya, museum of Balinese lontar writing, Jl. Veteran, Singaraja, open Monday - Thursday, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. * Museum Neka and Painting Gallery, Jl. Campuhan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975034, 975074), open daily, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. * Agung Rai Fine Art Gallery, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 974228), open daily, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Antonio Blanco's Art Gallery, Jl. Campuan, Ubud, open daily, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Aryasa Wood Carving Gallery and Artshop, Tegallalang, Ubud, open daily, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Bamboo Gallery, Yayasan Bamboo Lestari, Jl. Nyuhkuning, Pengosekan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975037), open daily, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Museum Gunarsa, Banjar Bande, Takmung, Banjarangkan, Klungkung (Tel. 0361 22256), open Tuesday - Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Ganesha Gallery, Four Seasons Resort Bali, Jimbaran Bay (Tel. 0361 701010), open daily, from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. * Seniwati Gallery of Art by Women, Jl. Sriwedari 2b, Banjar Taman, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975485), open daily, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Rudana Museum, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 26564), open daily except holidays, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. * Samsara Fine Arts Gallery, Ubud (Tel. 0361 974567), open daily, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. * Nyoman Sumertha Fine Arts Gallery, Banjar Teges, Peliatan, Ubud (Tel. 0361 975267), open daily, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. * Bali Gong Art, Batuan, Sukawati, Gianyar (Tel. 0361 298269), open daily, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Protestant Church Services
* Nusa Dua: Worship in English at Jl. Kurusetra Kampial, Bualu, Nusa Dua (Tel. 0361 776807, call Ms. Ketut). Sunday, 10 a.m. * Legian: Legian Congregation English Worship Service, Jl. Patimura, off Jl. Legian, (Tel. 0361 754255 call Ms. Merriyes), Legian * Sanur: Grand Hyatt Hotel English Worship Service, 2nd Floor, Sunday, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Catholic Holy Mass
* Denpasar: St. Joseph Church, Jl. Kepundung (Tel. 0361 222729), Sunday, 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Katedral Rohkudus Church, Jl. Tukad Musi, Renon (Tel. 0361 241303) * Kuta: St. Francis Xavier Church, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban Kuta (Tel. 0361 750043). Sunday, 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (in English) * Nusa Dua: Mary, Mother of all Nation Church at Jl. Kurusetra Kampial, Bualu, Nusa Dua. Sunday, 8:30 a.m.
Important Telephone Numbers
Public Hospital 227911
Australian Consulate (inc. Canada, New Zealand) Jl. Hayam Wuruk No. 88 B Tanjung Bungkak, Denpasar (Tel. 0361 241118, Fax 0361 241120, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dfat.gov.au/bali)
Consular Agent of France, Jl. Bypass Sanur (Tel. 0361 285485)
Consular Agent of United State of America, Jl. Hayam Wuruk No. 188 (Tel. 0361 233605)
Consular Agent of the Netherlands, Jl. Imam Bonjol no. 599 (Tel. 0361 751517)
Honorary Consul of The Federal Republic of Germany for Bali and NTB, Jl. Pantai Karang No. 17, Sanur (Tel. 0361 288535)
Consular Agent of Switzerland and Consular Agent of the Federal Republic of Austria, Istana Kuta Galeria complex (former central parking), Block Vallet 2 No. 12, Jl. Patih Jelantik, Kuta (Tel. 0361 751735)
Honorary Consul of Finland and Sweden, Segara Village Hotel Jl. Segara Sanur, (Tel. 0361 288407)
Italian Consulate, Lotus Asia Tour Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai Jimbaran (Tel. 0361 701650)
Japan Consulate, Jl. Raya Puputan no. 170 Renon, Denpasar (Tel. 0361 227628)
Spain Consulate Jl. Raya Sanggingan Ubud (Tel. 0361 975736)
Mexican Consulate, Astina Tour Jl. Moh. Yamin 1 A (Tel. 0361 223552)
Czech Honorary Consulate, Jl. Pengembak No. 17, Sanur (Tel. 0361 286465)
* HOTEL PADMA BALI located on the famous sunset Legian beach, now offering its Padma Recovery and Year End Packages. A special rupiah package rate for WNI & KITA's holder only. For inquiry or reservation, please call (0361) 752111 or SAHM (Sekar Alliance Hotel Management) marketing office (021) 7202859
* POPPIES COTTAGES,, Kuta.
-Phone: (0361) 751059
-Fax : (0361) 752364
-Web : www.poppies.net
-Hidden away in a secret garden, Poppies is after two decades still being discovered by those wishing to escape the glitz and glamour of grandiose hotels, while expecting comfortable clean surroundings, friendly service, and Balinese charm.