{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1717485,
        "msgid": "transport-minister-asks-public-to-await-knkt-investigation-results-on-krl-argo-bromo-accident-in-east-bekasi-1777910842",
        "date": "2026-05-04 21:04:00",
        "title": "Transport Minister Asks Public to Await KNKT Investigation Results on KRL-Argo Bromo Accident in East Bekasi",
        "author": "Erlangga Djumena",
        "source": "KOMPAS",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Infrastructure",
        "summary": "Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi has urged the public to respect the ongoing investigation by the National Transportation Safety Committee (KNKT) into the collision between a commuter train (KRL) and the Argo Bromo Anggrek train at Bekasi Station on 27 April 2026, which resulted in 16 deaths and severe damage, particularly to the women's carriage. The KNKT is conducting a thorough and objective probe, including signal system simulations to identify technical causes, while the Ministry of Transport commits to implementing recommendations to enhance railway safety. This incident underscores critical vulnerabilities in Indonesia's rail infrastructure and the need for swift preventive measures.",
        "content": "<p>Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi stated that the National\nTransportation Safety Committee (KNKT) is still conducting an\ninvestigation into the accident involving an electric commuter train\n(KRL) and the Argo Bromo Anggrek train at Bekasi Station on Monday (27\nApril 2026). He said the KNKT\u2019s investigation process is carried out\ncomprehensively and objectively, gathering facts and information from\nthe field, considering various aspects, and conducting a comprehensive\nanalysis. \u201cLet us all respect that process and await the investigation\nresults to determine the exact cause of the accident,\u201d the Transport\nMinister said in a written statement on Monday (4 May 2026). Previously,\nthe KNKT had conducted a simulation of the railway signalling system as\npart of the investigation following the incident involving the electric\nrail train (KRL) and the Argo Bromo Anggrek train at East Bekasi\nStation. The signalling simulation was carried out to understand\npossible technical causes, particularly related to the function and\nresponse of the signalling system during the incident. To date, other\ninvestigation processes are still being carried out by the KNKT. The\nMinistry of Transport is committed to following up on the investigation\nresults to improve railway operational safety. For information, on\nMonday night (27 April 2026), the Argo Bromo Anggrek train (KA) collided\nwith an electric rail train (KRL) that was stationary. The incident\nimmediately caused panic and hysteria among passengers on both trains\nand at the station platform. The strong collision caused the locomotive\nof the Argo Bromo train to enter the rear KRL carriage, resulting in\nsevere damage. The women\u2019s special carriage suffered the most severe\ndamage. Several passengers inside had difficulty evacuating themselves\nbecause the exit access was blocked by iron, jammed seats, and many\nparts of the carriage were severely damaged. As a result of the\nincident, 16 people died.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/transport-minister-asks-public-to-await-knkt-investigation-results-on-krl-argo-bromo-accident-in-east-bekasi-1777910842",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}