{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1224371,
        "msgid": "stop-go-busway-project-to-be-revved-up-again-1447893297",
        "date": "2002-11-07 00:00:00",
        "title": "Stop-go busway project to be revved up again",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "Stop-go busway project to be revved up again The Jakarta Post, Jakarta Although still the subject of controversy, the city administration decided on Wednesday to launch the busway project by the end of this year. \"But it will be like a trial, with only two buses on the route,\" Deputy Governor Fauzi Bowo told reporters after listening to a briefing about the project from the city transportation agency at City Hall.",
        "content": "<p>Stop-go busway project to be revved up again<\/p>\n<p>The Jakarta Post, Jakarta<\/p>\n<p>Although still the subject of controversy, the city<br>\nadministration decided on Wednesday to launch the busway project<br>\nby the end of this year.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;But it will be like a trial, with only two buses on the<br>\nroute,&quot; Deputy Governor Fauzi Bowo told reporters after listening<br>\nto a briefing about the project from the city transportation<br>\nagency at City Hall.<\/p>\n<p>Fauzi said the launching was part of a program to familiarize<br>\nthe public with the service before the Rp 54 billion project<br>\nwould be fully operational in the next eight months.<\/p>\n<p>But it is still unclear what kind of buses will be used in the<br>\nproject. The administration earlier expressed that they would<br>\nprobably use Hungarian Icarus buses to serve the busway route<br>\nlinking Blok M area in South Jakarta to Kota in West Jakarta.<\/p>\n<p>The City Council approved last month the diversion of the Rp<br>\n54 billion busway fund for several projects, including the<br>\npurchase of two trucks, digital traffic lights and computers.<\/p>\n<p>But, the reallocation of the fund enraged Governor Sutiyoso<br>\nwho has supported the busway project since the beginning. Many<br>\nurban planning experts claim that the project would worsen<br>\ntraffic congestion.<\/p>\n<p>The reallocation of the fund was done under the authorization<br>\nof agency head Rustam Effendy and certain councillors without<br>\ninforming Sutiyoso.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/stop-go-busway-project-to-be-revved-up-again-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}