{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1785407,
        "msgid": "state-secretary-hints-said-iqbal-may-join-red-and-white-cabinet-1780591906",
        "date": "2026-06-04 22:58:00",
        "title": "State Secretary Hints Said Iqbal May Join Red and White Cabinet",
        "author": "Irvan Sihombing",
        "source": "MEDIA_INDONESIA",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "State Secretary Prasetyo Hadi has signalled that labour leader Said Iqbal is under serious consideration for a role in President Prabowo Subianto's cabinet. The potential appointment is expected to be related to labour and manpower, reflecting Iqbal's advocacy background. A separate inauguration for the new head of the National Nutrition Agency is also being planned.",
        "content": "<p>State Secretary Prasetyo Hadi has given a strong signal regarding the\npotential inclusion of Indonesian Trade Union Confederation President\nand Labour Party President Said Iqbal in the Red and White Cabinet. When\nmet at the Presidential Palace complex in Jakarta on Thursday (4\/6),\nPrasetyo confirmed that Iqbal\u2019s name is under serious discussion for a\nstrategic position in President Prabowo Subianto\u2019s administration. \u201cWe\nare currently discussing it,\u201d Prasetyo said briefly when answering media\nquestions about Iqbal\u2019s possible cabinet appointment. Prasetyo hinted\nthat the position being prepared for Iqbal would align closely with his\ntrack record and advocacy focus, namely the labour and manpower sector.\nIqbal\u2019s presence is expected to bridge the government and workers\u2019\ngroups. \u201cYes, it is likely related to his struggle so far. Labour,\nmanpower,\u201d Prasetyo added. However, he stressed that the details of the\npost still await a final decision. \u201cWait, it is still being discussed.\u201d\nAside from the issue of Said Iqbal, the State Secretary also revealed\nthat the Palace is preparing to inaugurate the new head of the National\nNutrition Agency on Monday (8\/6). This move follows a leadership vacancy\nat the institution after the previous official ran into legal trouble.\nRegarding whether Said Iqbal would be inaugurated together with the\nagency\u2019s head on Monday, Prasetyo was still reluctant to give a definite\nanswer. He asked the public to wait for further official information.\n\u201cFor effectiveness, we are planning it for the same day (as the\npresentation of credentials for ambassadors). Wait for information,\u201d he\nconcluded.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/state-secretary-hints-said-iqbal-may-join-red-and-white-cabinet-1780591906",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}