{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1601815,
        "msgid": "residents-report-bridge-railings-in-ancol-going-missing-for-over-a-year-1773132817",
        "date": "2026-03-10 15:31:54",
        "title": "Residents Report Bridge Railings in Ancol Going Missing for Over a Year",
        "author": "Abdul Haris Maulana",
        "source": "KOMPAS",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Infrastructure",
        "summary": "Residents of Ancol, North Jakarta, report that railings on a bridge along Jembatan Goyang road have been disappearing for approximately one year, with less than half of the original 50-metre railings remaining. Security and local witnesses attribute the thefts to metal scavengers who took advantage of restricted access to the bridge during nearby Toll Harbour Road II construction project.",
        "content": "<p>JAKARTA \u2014 Residents have reported that railings and metal barriers on\na bridge along Jembatan Goyang road in Pademangan, North Jakarta, have\nbeen disappearing for roughly one year.<\/p>\n<p>A local resident named Denny, 50, stated that the bridge railings\nbegan going missing shortly after the bridge access was restricted due\nto a nearby construction project. \u201cAbout half of the railings have\nalready gone missing,\u201d he said when met by Kompas.com on Tuesday (10\nMarch 2026). \u201cGiven the location, you can\u2019t be sure where people come\nfrom. It\u2019s definitely a risky area.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>He suspected three individuals were involved in the railing thefts at\nJembatan Goyang. \u201cEver since then, the railings haven\u2019t been recovered\nfrom the bridge. This suggests the people responsible are probably from\naround here,\u201d he added.<\/p>\n<p>Saputra, 35, a security officer in the area, confirmed that the\nbridge railings have been disappearing for quite some time. He reported\nthat metal scavengers began removing the railings after the bridge\naccess was restricted due to the project. \u201cThe project started while the\nroad was still passable by car. Then midway through the project, vehicle\naccess was closed, and that\u2019s when the thefts started,\u201d he said. \u201cI\u2019ve\npersonally witnessed it twice and even collected evidence \u2014 there were\ntwo metal bars if I remember correctly.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>According to observations by Kompas.com at the site on Tuesday (10\nMarch 2026), the bridge connects R.E. Martadinata road with Lodan Raya\nroad. Two orange road barriers are positioned at the bridge access from\nR.E. Martadinata road. On the Lodan Raya side, the road access is\nblocked by Toll Harbour Road II construction barriers with only a\n10-metre gap for entry.<\/p>\n<p>The approximately 50-metre bridge railing now retains less than half\nof its original length. The missing sections have left only the corroded\nrailing posts remaining.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/residents-report-bridge-railings-in-ancol-going-missing-for-over-a-year-1773132817",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}