{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1603750,
        "msgid": "pre-trial-hearing-judgment-for-former-religious-minister-yaqut-held-today-1773197609",
        "date": "2026-03-11 09:06:54",
        "title": "Pre-Trial Hearing Judgment for Former Religious Minister Yaqut Held Today",
        "author": "",
        "source": "VIVA",
        "tags": "berita",
        "topic": "Legal",
        "summary": "The South Jakarta District Court held a judgment hearing on the pre-trial motion filed by former Religious Minister Yaqut Cholil Qoumas regarding his status as a suspect in an alleged hajj quota corruption case investigated by Indonesia's Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK). The judge announced the decision would be delivered on 11 March 2026 at 10:00 WIB, with Yaqut maintaining that his pre-trial challenge was an exercise of his legal rights rather than an attempt to obstruct proceedings.",
        "content": "<p>The South Jakarta District Court will hold a judgment hearing on the\npre-trial motion of former Religious Minister (Menag) Yaqut Cholil\nQoumas today, Wednesday, 11 March 2026.<\/p>\n<p>The judgment hearing concerns the determination of Yaqut\u2019s status as\na suspect in an alleged corruption case involving hajj quotas by the\nCorruption Eradication Commission (KPK).<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe judgment will be delivered on 11 March at 10:00 WIB,\u201d said\npresiding pre-trial judge Sulistyo Muhammad Dwi Putro following the\nconclusion hearing from both parties at the South Jakarta District Court\non Wednesday, 11 March 2026.<\/p>\n<p>Previously, former Religious Minister Yaqut Cholil Qoumas stated that\nthe pre-trial motion he filed at the South Jakarta District Court was\nnot intended to obstruct the legal process.<\/p>\n<p>He reiterated this position following the pre-trial hearing on his\nsuspect status at the South Jakarta District Court on Tuesday, 24\nFebruary 2026.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cI am exercising my right to file a pre-trial motion against my\ndetermination as a suspect by the KPK. This is not to obstruct or oppose\nthe legal process,\u201d Yaqut told journalists.<\/p>\n<p>He described the pre-trial motion as his legitimate right as a party\ndetermined to be a suspect by the Corruption Eradication Commission\n(KPK) in the hajj quota case.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cHowever, in exercising my right as you all witnessed, the KPK\nexercised its right not to attend today,\u201d he stated.<\/p>\n<p>On that occasion, Yaqut also explained his rationale for dividing the\nadditional 2024 hajj quota 50:50 between special and regular quotas.<\/p>\n<p>Yaqut said his consideration at that time was to safeguard the lives\nof hajj pilgrims due to space limitations.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cFurthermore, I must also convey that the matter affecting me\nconcerns something we all know about\u2014the hajj quota issue,\u201d he said.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe sole consideration I made when determining the quota\ndistribution was hifzhun nafsi\u2014safeguarding the lives of pilgrims due to\nspatial constraints in Saudi Arabia,\u201d he added.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/pre-trial-hearing-judgment-for-former-religious-minister-yaqut-held-today-1773197609",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}