{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1646069,
        "msgid": "parliament-urges-public-not-to-panic-after-government-assures-no-fuel-price-hike-1774950791",
        "date": "2026-03-31 15:10:35",
        "title": "Parliament Urges Public Not to Panic After Government Assures No Fuel Price Hike",
        "author": "",
        "source": "CNN_ID",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Economy",
        "summary": "Indonesia's House of Representatives Deputy Speaker Sufmi Dasco Ahmad has called on the public to remain calm following the government's confirmation that fuel prices for subsidised and non-subsidised types will not increase on 1 April. This assurance comes amid global oil price surges due to US and Israeli attacks on Iran, with queues forming at petrol stations based on unconfirmed rumours. The government, through Minister Secretary of State Prasetyo Hadi, stated that Pertamina will maintain current prices, and President Prabowo has committed to monitoring fuel needs without purchase restrictions.",
        "content": "<p>Deputy Speaker of the Indonesian House of Representatives, Sufmi\nDasco Ahmad, has urged the public not to panic following the\ngovernment\u2019s decision to ensure no increase in fuel oil (BBM) prices on\nWednesday (1\/4). Dasco said that queues had formed at petrol stations in\nvarious areas due to information about a fuel price hike tomorrow.\n\u201cTherefore, we urge that with the government\u2019s announcement that there\nis no plan to adjust prices for subsidised or non-subsidised BBM,\nmeaning that starting tomorrow the same prices will still apply, the\npublic does not need to panic, does not need to queue, and especially\nnot to hoard BBM,\u201d Dasco said at the parliamentary complex on Tuesday\n(31\/3). He appreciated the government\u2019s step not to raise fuel prices\nafter communicating and hearing input from various parties. Dasco\nmentioned that the communication with the government also showed no\nplans to restrict purchases of Pertalite and Pertamax. \u201cThe result of\ncommunication with the government, the commitment from President Prabowo\nwill continue to monitor and maintain the public\u2019s needs for BBM,\u201d he\nstated. Previously, the government assured that fuel oil (BBM) prices\nfor Pertalite and Pertamax types would not rise on Wednesday (1\/4). This\nwas done amid pressure from rising global oil prices due to US and\nIsraeli attacks on Iran. Minister Secretary of State (Mensesneg)\nPrasetyo Hadi assured that there would be no fuel price increase\ntomorrow. \u201cThat is why Pertamina stated that Pertamina will not adjust\nprices for either subsidised BBM or non-subsidised BBM,\u201d Pras said in\nhis statement on Tuesday (31\/3).<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/parliament-urges-public-not-to-panic-after-government-assures-no-fuel-price-hike-1774950791",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}