{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1498561,
        "msgid": "ngos-slam-sutiyosos-policies-1447893297",
        "date": "2004-04-01 00:00:00",
        "title": "NGOs slam Sutiyoso's policies",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "NGOs slam Sutiyoso's policies Bambang Nurbianto, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta Two non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have criticized Governor Sutiyoso administration's policies on eviction and the environmental and for delaying important projects. Jakarta Residents Forum (Fakta) chairman Azas Tigor Nainggolan said at the City Council on Wednesday that on a scale of zero to 10, Sutiyoso's administration would only score 2.8 for performance.",
        "content": "<p>NGOs slam Sutiyoso&apos;s policies<\/p>\n<p>Bambang Nurbianto, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta<\/p>\n<p>Two non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have criticized<br>\nGovernor Sutiyoso administration&apos;s policies on eviction and the<br>\nenvironmental and for delaying important projects.<\/p>\n<p>Jakarta Residents Forum (Fakta) chairman Azas Tigor Nainggolan<br>\nsaid at the City Council on Wednesday that on a scale of zero to<br>\n10, Sutiyoso&apos;s administration would only score 2.8 for<br>\nperformance.<\/p>\n<p>Responding to the governor&apos;s budget speech, Tigor slammed the<br>\nadministration for its eviction policy.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;The administration conducted 27 evictions in 2003, causing<br>\n13,352 families to lose their homes,&quot; he told councillors from<br>\nthe Justice Party (PK) and the National Mandate Party (PAN).<\/p>\n<p>Besides evicting squatters, the administration also evicted<br>\nstreet vendors on 49 occasions, rendering 17,592 people jobless.<\/p>\n<p>Jakarta Public Order Agency head Soebagio revealed last<br>\nOctober that the intensive eviction of squatters across the<br>\ncapital was related to budget spending by relevant agencies. He<br>\nsaid that one office, namely the Jakarta Public Works Agency, had<br>\nallocated Rp 32 billion for riverbank improvements, which<br>\nincluded clearing the banks of shanties.<\/p>\n<p>Tigor also criticized the council&apos;s factions for always<br>\naccepting the governor&apos;s budget speech even though many of them<br>\ncriticize his policies on the poor.<\/p>\n<p>Fakta assessed Sutiyoso&apos;s administration in eight areas of<br>\nperformance: forceful eviction, dealing with dengue fever<br>\noutbreaks, waste management, transportation management,<br>\neducation, pollution, flood management and security.<\/p>\n<p>In the eight areas, eviction, waste and transportation<br>\nmanagement came first, second and third respectively in terms of<br>\npoor performance.<\/p>\n<p>Meanwhile, Independent Forum for Budget Transparency (Fitra)<br>\nadvocacy coordinator Uchok Sky Khadafi focused his criticism on<br>\nthe city&apos;s policy on the environment. He said officials who were<br>\nsupposed to protect the environment did not investigate<br>\nenvironmental damage quickly enough.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;They only make a move when they get reports from the media or<br>\nactivists about environmental damage,&quot; Uchok said.<\/p>\n<p>He cited the pollution caused by Cilincing dump as an example<br>\nthat the city was unaware of how to protect the environment.<\/p>\n<p>Due to the temporary closure of Bantar Gebang dump in Bekasi<br>\nearlier this year, the capital&apos;s 6,000 tons of daily waste was<br>\ndumped on open land in Cilincing, North Jakarta. The dumping<br>\npolluted shrimp and fish farms nearby, causing farmers to suffer<br>\nover Rp 700 million (US$81,395) in losses.<\/p>\n<p>Fitra also criticized the administration&apos;s delay of projects<br>\nand the significant changes to some plans.<\/p>\n<p>The administration came under fire last year for spending 25<br>\npercent of the total Rp 11.5 trillion city budget in the first<br>\nsemester.<\/p>\n<p>Some important projects, including the construction of the<br>\nEast Flood Canal and waste management facilities, have yet to<br>\ncommence.<\/p>\n<p>Significant changes to the busway project, launched on Jan.<br>\n15, have also been criticized as it still fails to encourage<br>\nprivate car owners to switch to public transportation and only<br>\nworsens traffic conditions, Fitra said.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/ngos-slam-sutiyosos-policies-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}