{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1329608,
        "msgid": "new-scandal-worth-rp-200-billion-hits-bri-1447893297",
        "date": "2003-12-24 00:00:00",
        "title": "New scandal worth Rp 200 billion hits BRI",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "New scandal worth Rp 200 billion hits BRI Abdul Khalik, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta The National Police announced on Tuesday another financial scandal at Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) involving Rp 200 billion (US$23.5 million) from the workers insurance fund, PT Jamsostek. The alleged fraud emerged as investigations into another fraud case involving Rp 294 billion at the same bank by the Jakarta prosecutor's office entered its third month.",
        "content": "<p>New scandal worth Rp 200 billion hits BRI<\/p>\n<p>Abdul Khalik, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta<\/p>\n<p>The National Police announced on Tuesday another financial<br>\nscandal at Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) involving Rp 200 billion<br>\n(US$23.5 million) from the workers insurance fund, PT Jamsostek.<\/p>\n<p>The alleged fraud emerged as investigations into another fraud<br>\ncase involving Rp 294 billion at the same bank by the Jakarta<br>\nprosecutor's office entered its third month.<\/p>\n<p>\"There were transfers of Rp 200 billion from a PT Jamsostek<br>\naccount at the BRI Sudirman branch to an account at the Bank<br>\nMandiri's Prapatan branch. The police have found convincing<br>\nevidence that this transfer was based on fake documents,\" said<br>\nthe Deputy Chief of Public Relations Division Brig. Gen.<br>\nSoenarko.<\/p>\n<p>Soenarko declined to name the owner of the Mandiri account but<br>\nrevealed that it had belonged to a third party, not BRI or PT<br>\nJamsostek.<\/p>\n<p>Police questioned BRI President Director Rudjito on Tuesday to<br>\nfigure out who was responsible for the authorization to transfer<br>\nthe funds.<\/p>\n<p>\"We are questioning Rudjito as a witness regarding the<br>\nnecessary documents needed in such a process as well as who would<br>\nhave had the authority to make such a transfer,\" said Soenarko.<\/p>\n<p>He added that the police had already scheduled to question<br>\nnine other people from both BRI and PT Jamsostek.<\/p>\n<p>An investigator from the National Police Corruption crime<br>\ndivision, Sr. Coms. N. Wardhana, said that the investigation was<br>\nbased on a complaint from the public, filed on Oct. 30. He added<br>\nthat the police had questioned eight people from BRI and PT<br>\nJamsostek since then.<\/p>\n<p>\"We have asked Rudjito dozens of questions in the last four<br>\nhours. Including him, we have questioned eight people. Tomorrow<br>\nwe will question one more witness from BRI. However, we can't<br>\nexamine the account in Mandiri before until we get permission<br>\nfrom Bank Indonesia,\" said Wardhana.<\/p>\n<p>\"We have to wait for the BI permission to be able to know the<br>\ntotal amount of money in Bank Mandiri. Having access to the<br>\naccount, we can determine the state's loss in the scandal,\" said<br>\nWardhana.<\/p>\n<p>Rudjito deliberately avoided the press while leaving the<br>\npolice station and hurriedly went to the his car after the<br>\nquestioning. BRI corporate secretary Yadi Prayitno said that he<br>\nwould represent Rudjito to answer reporters' questions.<\/p>\n<p>\"This interrogation has nothing to do with the Senen branch<br>\nfraud. Rudjito has been questioned about what authority he had<br>\nover the Sudirman branch in the transfer,\" said Yadi.<\/p>\n<p>The Jakarta prosecutor's office is currently investigating a<br>\nfinancial scam worth Rp 294 billion involving BRI's three<br>\nbranches -- Senen, Tanah Abang and Bogor.<\/p>\n<p>The two cases have a similarity in that both involved a third<br>\nparty and fake documents to reap money from the bank. Both also<br>\ninvolved PT Jamsostek funds.<\/p>\n<p>Marwan Effendy, the assistant to the Jakarta Prosecutor's<br>\nOffice chief for special crimes, said on Tuesday that they had<br>\nquestioned the president director of PT Jamsostek over the loss<br>\nof the company's funds in the scandal, but did not elaborate.<\/p>\n<p>The prosecutor's office has declared three officials from BRI<br>\nbranches and two businessmen as suspects as well as questioned<br>\nover 20 witnesses and frozen more than 30 accounts. They have<br>\nalso recovered Rp 60 billion in state money.<\/p>\n<p>The prosecutors had also found Rp 2 billion of the fraud funds<br>\nat Citibank, and planned to place those funds in the same account<br>\nas the Rp 60 billion at the BRI Senen branch.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/new-scandal-worth-rp-200-billion-hits-bri-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}