{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1234290,
        "msgid": "new-bomb-found-at-makassar-church-1447893297",
        "date": "2002-12-14 00:00:00",
        "title": "New bomb found at Makassar church",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "New bomb found at Makassar church Jupriadi, The Jakarta Post, Makassar, South Sulawesi People in the South Sulawesi capital of Makassar were shocked by the discovery of a new bomb on Friday, which was similar to that detonated last week at a McDonald's fast food outlet in the city that killed at least three people and injured 11 others. The home-made bomb was found at 3:30 p.m. outside a church located on Jl. Pengayoman No. 1E in Makassar.",
        "content": "<p>New bomb found at Makassar church<\/p>\n<p>Jupriadi, The Jakarta Post, Makassar, South Sulawesi<\/p>\n<p>People in the South Sulawesi capital of Makassar were shocked by<br>\nthe discovery of a new bomb on Friday, which was similar to that<br>\ndetonated last week at a McDonald's fast food outlet in the city<br>\nthat killed at least three people and injured 11 others.<\/p>\n<p>The home-made bomb was found at 3:30 p.m. outside a church<br>\nlocated on Jl. Pengayoman No. 1E in Makassar. It had been<br>\nreported first by a security guard named Silas in the city's<br>\nPanakkukang area.<\/p>\n<p>The church is close to the Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)<br>\nrestaurant where a bomb exploded in September last year.<\/p>\n<p>South Sulawesi Police chief Insp. Gen. Firman Gani said on<br>\nFriday the bomb could not have exploded in its present state as<br>\nit was not equipped with a timer.<\/p>\n<p>Firman added that the bomb at the Bethel Indonesia Church was<br>\nrelated to the bomb detonated at McDonald's a week ago, adding<br>\nthat it contained the same explosives.<\/p>\n<p>Firman speculated that the bomb was planted there in order to<br>\nalter the public's attention from the investigation into the<br>\nMcDonald's blast.<\/p>\n<p>In a related development, one of the wanted suspects in the<br>\nMcDonald's bombing, Kahar Mustafa, surrendered to police in the<br>\nSinjai district, South Sulawesi.<\/p>\n<p>Kahar, the alleged supplier of a detonator used for the Dec. 5<br>\nblast at the fast-food restaurant, was later taken to the<br>\nprovincial police headquarters for questioning.<\/p>\n<p>\"We are currently interrogating Kahar Mustafa. He is the<br>\nalleged supplier of a bomb detonator in the McDonald's attack,\"<br>\nFirman said.<\/p>\n<p>With Kahar's surrender, the police have so far detained seven<br>\nof the suspects in the bombing. The others are Azhar Daeng Salam,<br>\nMuchtar Daeng Lau, Usman, Masnur, Ilham and Lukman Hasan.<\/p>\n<p>Three other suspects, Agung Hamid -- the alleged mastermind of<br>\nthe McDonald's bombing -- Hisbullah Rasyid and Dahlan -- are<br>\nstill the subject of police manhunt, while the other suspect,<br>\nAnsar is believed to be among the three dead in the blast.<\/p>\n<p>In addition, the police have arrested four possible suspects,<br>\nincluding Agung's brother Iwal Hamid and father Abdul Hamid.<\/p>\n<p>The police found 2.5 kilograms of TNT at a metal workshop<br>\nbelonging to suspect Masnur. Days later, they also seized an<br>\nunspecified amount of TNT at the home of the father of another<br>\nprime suspect Agung Hamid.<\/p>\n<p>Police have named Agung as the alleged mastermind of the<br>\ndeadly Makassar bombing. He was believed to have received bomb-<br>\ntraining in Afghanistan and the Philippines.<\/p>\n<p>Some of the suspected Makassar bombers are members of Laskar<br>\nJundullah, the armed wing of the Committee to Uphold Islamic<br>\nSharia in South Sulawesi.<\/p>\n<p>Laskar Jundullah's alleged leader, Agus Dwikarna, was<br>\nsentenced earlier this year in the Philippines to 17 years in<br>\njail for possession of explosives.<\/p>\n<p>Philippine police have accused Agus of being part of Jamaah<br>\nIslamiyah, the al-Qaida-linked Southeast Asian militant group<br>\nblamed for the Bali bomb attack.<\/p>\n<p>Firman said that McDonald's bombers were part of the network<br>\nthat executed the Bali attack. He said they also planned to bomb<br>\nchurches in Makassar and in other towns in South Sulawesi,<br>\nparticularly during Christmas.<\/p>\n<p>National Police chief Gen. Da'i Bachtiar said earlier the<br>\nMakassar bombers knew the suspects in the Oct. 12 bombing in Bali<br>\nin which more than 190 people, mostly foreigners, were killed.<\/p>\n<p>Police are holding 15 suspects, including the alleged<br>\nmasterminds, Mukhlas and Imam Samudra as well another key suspect<br>\nAmrozi, in the Bali case on the resort island.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/new-bomb-found-at-makassar-church-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}