{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1408149,
        "msgid": "malaysian-open-falls-prey-to-asian-crisis-1447893297",
        "date": "1998-07-01 00:00:00",
        "title": "Malaysian Open falls prey to Asian crisis",
        "author": null,
        "source": "",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "Malaysian Open falls prey to Asian crisis PENANG, Malaysia (Reuters): The Malaysian Open badminton championships starting today have fallen victim to the Asian economic crisis which has cut prize money by US$60,000 and deprived the event of some big names. The smaller purse of $120,000 this year has made the championship a four-star event, compared to its six-star status last year when it was worth $180,000. One notable country with top players missing was Indonesia, officials said on Tuesday.",
        "content": "<p>Malaysian Open falls prey to Asian crisis<\/p>\n<p>PENANG, Malaysia (Reuters): The Malaysian Open badminton<br>\nchampionships starting today have fallen victim to the Asian<br>\neconomic crisis which has cut prize money by US$60,000 and<br>\ndeprived the event of some big names.<\/p>\n<p>The smaller purse of $120,000 this year has made the<br>\nchampionship a four-star event, compared to its six-star status<br>\nlast year when it was worth $180,000.<\/p>\n<p>One notable country with top players missing was Indonesia,<br>\nofficials said on Tuesday.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;The Indonesian Badminton Association is badly affected by the<br>\neconomic crisis and that&apos;s the reason why they&apos;re only sending a<br>\nlimited entry,&quot; said Yap Tee Loy, an official with the Malaysian<br>\nBadminton Association.<\/p>\n<p>Its Indonesian counterpart had also decided to delay the<br>\nIndonesian Open championships, scheduled for mid in July, to<br>\nOctober and moved the venue from Manado, North Sulawesi, to the<br>\ncapital city due to the same financial problems.<\/p>\n<p>Top Indonesians like Hariyanto Arbi, Hendrawan, Joko Suprianto<br>\nand Indra Wijaya, who were part of the team that won the Thomas<br>\nCup this year, are not making Malaysian trip as they used to.<\/p>\n<p>Denmark is also without some of its stars but officials blamed<br>\ntheir absence on exhaustion after the recent Thomas Cup finals.<br>\nTop Danes like Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen, Peter Rasmussen and Thomas<br>\nStuer-Lauridsen are not playing.<\/p>\n<p>That seems to clear the path for world number one Peter Gade<br>\nChristensen to make his mark in the tournament.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/malaysian-open-falls-prey-to-asian-crisis-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}