{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1709544,
        "msgid": "key-facts-from-the-fourth-hearing-of-tni-defendants-in-the-andrie-yunus-acid-attack-case-1777511116",
        "date": "2026-04-30 07:14:02",
        "title": "Key Facts from the Fourth Hearing of TNI Defendants in the Andrie Yunus Acid Attack Case",
        "author": "",
        "source": "CNN_ID",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Legal",
        "summary": "The fourth hearing of four Indonesian military personnel accused of dousing activist Andrie Yunus with acid took place at the Jakarta Military Court, detailing how their resentment over Yunus's criticism of the TNI led to the planned assault during a routine protest in April. The prosecutor outlined the chronology, including the defendants' meetings and the execution of the attack, charging them under various KUHP articles for the purpose of deterrence against anti-military narratives. The presiding judge demanded Yunus's presence as a witness despite challenges from his protection under LPSK and ongoing medical treatment, highlighting tensions in the judicial process involving state institutions.",
        "content": "<p>The indictment hearing for the acid dousing case against KontraS\nactivist Andrie Yunus was held at the Military Court II-08 in Jakarta on\nWednesday (29\/4) last week.<\/p>\n<p>Four defendants were presented at the hearing. The first defendant is\nSergeant Two Edi Sudarko, the second defendant is First Lieutenant Budhi\nHariyanto Widhi, the third defendant is Captain Nandala Dwi Prasetyo,\nand the fourth defendant is First Lieutenant Sami Lakka.<\/p>\n<p>CNNIndonesia.com has compiled the key facts related to the\nhearing.<\/p>\n<p>Chronology<\/p>\n<p>The prosecutor stated that the four defendants first encountered\nAndrie in March 2025 when Andrie forced his way in and interrupted a\nmeeting on the revision of the TNI Law at a hotel in Jakarta.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cDue to that incident, the defendants considered that Andrie Yunus\nhad insulted the TNI institution, even trampling on the TNI\ninstitution,\u201d said the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>Then, on 9 March 2026, the first and second defendants met and\nchatted about their service and personal lives. At that time, the first\ndefendant showed a viral video of Andrie entering and interrupting the\nTNI Bill revision meeting in 2025.<\/p>\n<p>Their conversation continued on Wednesday, 11 March. At that point,\nall four defendants gathered in the first defendant\u2019s room at the BAIS\nTNI Mess.<\/p>\n<p>According to the prosecutor, during the discussion, the first\ndefendant expressed his anger about Andrie Yunus.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cBy saying that Andrie Yunus had forced his way into the meeting room\nat the Fairmont Jakarta hotel which was discussing the TNI Bill, thus\nAndrie Yunus had trampled on the TNI institution, by Andrie Yunus along\nwith the KontraS NGO suing the TNI Law to the Constitutional Court,\u201d\nsaid the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cIn addition, Andrie Yunus accused the TNI of intimidating and\nterrorising at the KontraS office. And the TNI was also accused of being\nthe mastermind or actor behind the riot tragedy at the end of August\n2025. Andrie Yunus also vigorously promoted anti-militarism narratives,\u201d\nadded the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>At that time, the first defendant said he wanted to punch Andrie\nYunus as a lesson and deterrent.<\/p>\n<p>However, the second defendant said not to punch him, but to douse him\nwith rust remover liquid instead.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe first defendant said I would be the one to douse him; hearing\nthe second defendant\u2019s idea, the third defendant agreed and said if\nthat\u2019s the case, we\u2019ll do it together,\u201d said the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>At that point, the first defendant searched for information about\nAndrie Yunus\u2019s activities via Google. Andrie Yunus was known to have a\nroutine Kamisan activity at Monas.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cHearing that information, the third defendant said \u2018alright then,\ntomorrow we\u2019ll go to the location and give Andrie Yunus a lesson\u2019,\u201d said\nthe prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>Then, the third defendant divided the tasks: the first and second\ndefendants would look for Andrie Yunus at the KontraS office, while the\nthird and fourth defendants would go to YLBHI.<\/p>\n<p>Then, on Thursday (12\/4), the four of them set off on two\nmotorcycles. The first and second defendants rode together, as did the\nthird and fourth.<\/p>\n<p>Before leaving the BAIS TNI Mess, the second defendant took a used\nbattery from the corner in front of the toilet. He then poured and mixed\nbattery acid with rust remover liquid. That liquid was then brought\nalong.<\/p>\n<p>Upon arriving at Monas, the defendants did not find Andrie Yunus\u2019s\nwhereabouts, so the defendants continued searching for Andrie Yunus\nelsewhere.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cUpon arriving at Tugu Tani, the first and second defendants\nseparated from the third and fourth defendants. Where the third and\nfourth defendants went towards YLBHI, while the first and second\ndefendants went towards Kwitang, but before the traffic light at Atrium\nSenen in Central Jakarta, the second defendant turned around and entered\na village road to monitor around the KontraS office,\u201d said the\nprosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>Around 23:00 WIB, the first and second defendants met the third and\nfourth defendants to suggest going home.<\/p>\n<p>Then, as they were about to leave, the third defendant saw Andrie\nYunus riding a motorcycle out of the YLBHI office.<\/p>\n<p>The first and second defendants immediately followed Andrie Yunus,\nwhile the third and fourth defendants followed from behind.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cRight at the intersection of Jalan Salemba I and Jalan Talang in\nCentral Jakarta, the motorcycles of the first and second defendants\nturned around towards Andrie Yunus\u2019s motorcycle, and when the second\ndefendant\u2019s motorcycle slowed down while waiting for Andrie Yunus\u2019s\nmotorcycle to approach,\u201d said the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>At that moment, the first defendant doused the liquid he was carrying\nonto Andrie Yunus.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cAs they passed each other, the first defendant immediately splashed\nthe chemical liquid onto Andrie Yunus\u2019s body, which also hit the first\ndefendant. The first defendant immediately dropped the tumbler bottle\nand left the scene straight towards RSCM, while the third and fourth\ndefendants went straight towards Jalan Pramuka to the BAIS TNI Mess,\u201d he\nsaid.<\/p>\n<p>To give a deterrent effect<\/p>\n<p>The prosecutor stated that the background for the defendants\u2019 act of\ndousing Andrie Yunus with chemical liquid was to give him a lesson as a\ndeterrent so that he would not badmouth the TNI.<\/p>\n<p>For their actions, the defendants are charged under Article 469\nparagraph (1) of the KUHP in conjunction with Article 20 letter c of the\nKUHP. Subsidiary to Article 468 paragraph (1) of the KUHP in conjunction\nwith Article 20 letter c of the KUHP. Further subsidiary to Article 467\nparagraph (1) jo paragraph (2) of the KUHP in conjunction with Article\n20 letter c of the KUHP.<\/p>\n<p>Judge requests Andrie Yunus to be presented<\/p>\n<p>The panel of judges requested that Andrie Yunus be presented as a\nwitness in the trial.<\/p>\n<p>Initially, the judge asked why Andrie Yunus, as the victim, was not\nproposed as a witness.<\/p>\n<p>The military prosecutor then stated that the TNI Puspom investigators\nhad submitted a summons for examination to Andrie through LPSK. The\nfirst summons was made on 27 March and was responded to by LPSK on 31\nMarch.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cWhat was the response?\u201d asked the judge.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cEssentially, it was not yet possible to take his statement as a\nvictim witness, so we could not fulfil the request to present Andrie\nYunus,\u201d replied the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>The prosecutor said the second summons was sent on 3 April and\nresponded to by LPSK on 16 April.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cEssentially, LPSK stated that Andrie Yunus is currently still\nundergoing physical and psychological medical treatment at RSCM,\u201d\nreplied the prosecutor.<\/p>\n<p>The judge said that in the trial, the prosecutor acts in the\ninterests of the victim. The judge asked the prosecutor to find a\nsolution to obtain the statement.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/key-facts-from-the-fourth-hearing-of-tni-defendants-in-the-andrie-yunus-acid-attack-case-1777511116",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}