{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1157394,
        "msgid": "jai-sues-bogor-administration-1447893297",
        "date": "2005-10-21 00:00:00",
        "title": "JAI sues Bogor administration",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "JAI sues Bogor administration Theresia Sufa, The Jakarta Post, Bogor Bogor authorities received on Thursday a lawsuit from the Ahmadiyah Indonesia Congregation (JAI) due to the closure of its mosques and the prohibition of its activities across the regency. Head of the Bogor administration's legal office Z. Isvandiar said that they had received a copy of JAI's lawsuit through the organization's lawyer Adnan Buyung Nasution.",
        "content": "<p>JAI sues Bogor administration<\/p>\n<p>Theresia Sufa, The Jakarta Post, Bogor<\/p>\n<p>Bogor authorities received on Thursday a lawsuit from the<br>\nAhmadiyah Indonesia Congregation (JAI) due to the closure of its<br>\nmosques and the prohibition of its activities across the regency.<\/p>\n<p>Head of the Bogor administration&apos;s legal office Z. Isvandiar<br>\nsaid that they had received a copy of JAI&apos;s lawsuit through the<br>\norganization&apos;s lawyer Adnan Buyung Nasution.<\/p>\n<p>He said that in responding to the lawsuit the administration<br>\nwould also retain its own lawyer in the battle against the Muslim<br>\ngroup that has enraged mainstream Muslims due to their belief in<br>\nan extra prophet and restrictive prayers.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;We&apos;ll just follow the (legal) procedures,&quot; Isvandiar said,<br>\nexplaining that the lawsuit was against the Bogor<br>\nadministration&apos;s decision to ban JAI activities in the area.<\/p>\n<p>In a joint statement, Bogor authorities recently declared<br>\nAhmadiyah to be an illegal organization and its activities were<br>\nprohibited in Bogor Regency. Additionally, its Mubarak campus in<br>\nPondok Udik village, Kemang District was ordered closed down.<\/p>\n<p>Bogor City Council chairman Rachmat Yasin said that JAI had<br>\nretained the services of the Foundation of the Indonesian Legal<br>\nAid Institute (YLBHI), under the coordination of Adnan Buyung<br>\nNasution, to file the lawsuit.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;Last month they even sent us a legal complaint, and we have<br>\nforwarded our reply to the Bogor administration. This is the risk<br>\nthat we have to take for our actions,&quot; he explained.<\/p>\n<p>Rachmat added that the closure of the Mubarak campus -- which<br>\nwas also the Ahmadiyah headquarters -- was done to avoid possible<br>\nconflict between JAI and the local Muslims living near the<br>\ncompound.<\/p>\n<p>In the meantime, the Secretary for the Bogor chapter of the<br>\nIndonesian Ulema Council (MUI) -- which also &quot;outlawed&quot; the sect<br>\n-- KH U. Supyani, said that the council had not yet received the<br>\nlawsuit letter.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;If JAI wants to sue us that&apos;s their right, we are ready to<br>\nface them. They are suing us on the basis of human rights law,<br>\nhowever, we closed down JAI because of the way they pray. We<br>\ndon&apos;t want segregation, if they claim to be Islamic, then let&apos;s<br>\nconduct prayers together,&quot; he argued.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/jai-sues-bogor-administration-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}