{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1694822,
        "msgid": "iran-us-extend-ceasefire-china-says-situation-remains-critical-1776887445",
        "date": "2026-04-23 01:30:30",
        "title": "Iran-US Extend Ceasefire, China Says Situation Remains Critical",
        "author": "",
        "source": "ANTARA_ID",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "China has expressed support for the extension of the ceasefire between Iran and the United States, while cautioning that the Middle East situation remains precarious amid ongoing tensions. US President Donald Trump announced the prolongation of the truce until Iran submits a comprehensive proposal for ending the conflict, but maintained a naval blockade on Iranian ports, which Tehran views as a violation. China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson emphasised diplomatic efforts and outlined four principles proposed by President Xi Jinping to promote lasting peace in the Gulf region, highlighting Beijing's commitment to international stability.",
        "content": "<p>Beijing (ANTARA) - The Chinese government supports the extension of\nthe ceasefire between Iran and the United States (US), although it\nassesses that the situation in the Middle East region remains in a\ncritical phase.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe current situation in that region is at a critical stage\nregarding the possibility of the conflict ending. China supports the\nparties in continuing political and diplomatic efforts to resolve the\ndispute with the aim of achieving a full and lasting ceasefire,\u201d said\nSpokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry Guo Jiakun during a press\nconference in Beijing on Wednesday.<\/p>\n<p>The statement came after US President Donald Trump announced the\nextension of the ceasefire, which was due to end on 22 April, until Iran\nsubmits an \u201cintegrated proposal\u201d containing conditions for ending the\nwar, while maintaining pressure on Tehran.<\/p>\n<p>However, Trump emphasised that the US naval blockade would remain in\nplace. Iran had previously described the move as a violation of the\nceasefire and refused to negotiate \u201cunder the shadow of threats\u201d or\nwhile the blockade persists, reflecting uncertainty in the negotiation\nprocess.<\/p>\n<p>On the other hand, Iran\u2019s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)\nstated that oil production across the Middle East could become a target\nif attacks are launched from the territories of neighbouring countries\nin the Gulf region.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe primary priority is to prevent by all means the recurrence of\nfighting and to maintain peace and stability in the Middle East and the\nGulf region,\u201d said Guo Jiakun.<\/p>\n<p>He added that China is ready to play an active and constructive role\nalongside the international community, based on the four-point\nproposition put forward by President Xi Jinping.<\/p>\n<p>The four principles include commitment to peaceful coexistence by\npromoting inter-state relations in the region, respect for the\nsovereignty, security, and territorial integrity of Gulf countries,\nupholding international law with the United Nations at its core, and a\nbalanced approach between development and security.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cLet me reaffirm that as a responsible major country, China has\nalways set an example in fulfilling its international obligations,\u201d he\nstressed.<\/p>\n<p>In response to Trump\u2019s statement, spokesperson for the Khatam\nal-Anbiya Central Headquarters, Ebrahim Zolfaghari, said Iran\u2019s military\nis prepared to strike predetermined targets if the United States\nlaunches a new attack, as reported by Iranian state television on\nWednesday.<\/p>\n<p>Tensions have escalated since 28 February, when the United States and\nIsrael launched attacks on Iran, including in Tehran, causing damage and\ncivilian casualties. Iran then retaliated by attacking Israeli territory\nand US military facilities in the Middle East.<\/p>\n<p>On 7 April, Washington and Tehran agreed to a two-week ceasefire\nuntil 22 April 2026. However, follow-up negotiations in Islamabad,\nPakistan, on 11\u201312 April yielded no results.<\/p>\n<p>In response, Trump ordered the US Navy to blockade Iranian ports to\npressure Tehran back to the negotiating table. Since 13 April, the US\nhas closed maritime traffic entering and exiting Iranian ports on both\nsides of the Strait of Hormuz, a route that accounts for about 20 per\ncent of global supplies of oil, petroleum products, and LNG.<\/p>\n<p>The US Central Command (CENTCOM) also confirmed the seizure of the\nIranian commercial vessel Touska, which was said to have attempted to\nbreach the blockade in the Gulf of Oman, and it is now under US\ncontrol.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/iran-us-extend-ceasefire-china-says-situation-remains-critical-1776887445",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}