{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1642509,
        "msgid": "indonesian-ambassador-in-lebanon-yet-to-confirm-tni-soldiers-as-victims-of-israeli-attack-1774839077",
        "date": "2026-03-30 08:32:22",
        "title": "Indonesian Ambassador in Lebanon Yet to Confirm TNI Soldiers as Victims of Israeli Attack",
        "author": "Fitriyan Zamzami",
        "source": "REPUBLIKA",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "The Indonesian Embassy in Beirut has not confirmed reports of TNI peacekeepers from the UNIFIL mission being killed in an explosion near Adchit al-Qusayr in southern Lebanon, amid ongoing regional conflict. UNIFIL reported one peacekeeper dead and another critically injured from a projectile strike, condemning the attack as a grave violation of international humanitarian law and UN Security Council Resolution 1701, potentially constituting a war crime. This incident occurs against the backdrop of escalating tensions in the Middle East, involving Israeli and US aggression against Iran, with Hezbollah involvement drawing in Lebanon.",
        "content": "<p>REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, BEIRUT \u2014 Indonesia\u2019s representation in Lebanon has\nstated that it cannot yet confirm reports of the death of TNI soldiers\nattached to the United Nations peacekeeping force (UNIFIL) due to\nIsraeli military action in southern Lebanon on Monday (30\/3\/2026). The\nIndonesian Ambassador in Beirut, Dicky Komar, said they are still\ninvestigating the report to verify it. Dicky stated that the Indonesian\nembassy had only received confirmation of an explosion at the UNIFIL\nposition near Adchit al-Qusayr. \u201cFor now, that\u2019s the only information\n(received),\u201d Dicky told Republika in Jakarta on Monday (30\/3\/2026).\nDicky conveyed the report from UNIFIL to the Indonesian Embassy. \u201cOne\npeacekeeper was tragically killed last night when a projectile exploded\nat the UNIFIL position near Adchit al-Qusayr,\u201d in the report received by\nDicky. Another UNIFIL peacekeeper in the report also suffered critical\ninjuries. However, the report did not specify the party, or military\nfrom which country, responsible for the attack. Nor did the report\nmention from which direction the projectile that hit the peacekeeping\nposition came. \u201cWe do not know the origin of the projectile. We will\nconduct an investigation to determine all circumstances,\u201d stated the\nUNIFIL report to the Indonesian Embassy. UNIFIL expressed its deepest\ncondolences over the loss of the peacekeeping personnel\u2019s lives. UNIFIL\nalso emphasised that attacks on peacekeeping forces constitute a serious\nviolation of humanitarian law or international law of war. The attack on\nUNIFIL violates UN Security Council Resolution 1701 on war crimes.\n\u201cDeliberate attacks on peacekeepers constitute a serious violation of\ninternational humanitarian law, UN Security Council Resolutions, and can\nbe described as war crimes,\u201d the report stated. Lebanon\u2019s National News\nAgency, al-Jadeed News, previously reported that Zionist Israeli\noccupation forces carried out an attack on a UN peacekeeping position in\nAdchit al-Qusayr in the Marjayoun District, southern Lebanon. That\nposition is the base for UN peacekeeping forces from the Indonesian\nGaruda Contingent. Information received by Republika from Lebanon\nrevealed that one TNI soldier died from the attack. Another personnel\nmember is also reported to be in critical condition and is being treated\nat St George Hospital in Beirut. TNI Headquarters in Jakarta has not yet\nprovided clarification on whether Indonesian soldiers were indeed killed\nin Lebanon this time. TNI Chief General Agus Subiyanto, as well as TNI\nChief of Information Brigadier General Aulia Dwi Nasrullah, did not\nrespond to Republika\u2019s messages to confirm the report of the attack on\nTNI soldiers in the UN peacekeeping mission in Lebanon. Indonesia\u2019s\nMinistry of Foreign Affairs also provided no response. The southern\nLebanon region, which directly borders the Zionist Israeli occupation in\nPalestinian territory, has long been a designated blue zone for UN\nPeacekeeping Force deployment. That area is now a new front in the\nMiddle East war due to Zionist Israeli and United States aggression\nagainst the Islamic Republic of Iran. The war between Zionists-US and\nIran has now lasted a full month since the opening aggression on 28\nFebruary 2026.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/indonesian-ambassador-in-lebanon-yet-to-confirm-tni-soldiers-as-victims-of-israeli-attack-1774839077",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}