{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1354670,
        "msgid": "indonesia-revises-sars-death-report-1447893297",
        "date": "2003-05-01 00:00:00",
        "title": "Indonesia revises SARS death report",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "Indonesia revises SARS death report Evi Mariani, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta A Taiwanese thought to be the first person to die from Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in Indonesia died from a heart attack, the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization (WHO) said Wednesday. \"The autopsy and pathological tests proved that the person died of heart failure,\" ministry verification team spokesman Sjafii Ahmad said.",
        "content": "<p>Indonesia revises SARS death report<\/p>\n<p>Evi Mariani, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta<\/p>\n<p>A Taiwanese thought to be the first person to die from Severe<br>\nAcute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in Indonesia died from a heart<br>\nattack, the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization<br>\n(WHO) said Wednesday.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;The autopsy and pathological tests proved that the person<br>\ndied of heart failure,&quot; ministry verification team spokesman<br>\nSjafii Ahmad said.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;We indeed found an indication of lung infection, but it was<br>\nrelated to his heart problem. Actually, before he was suspected<br>\nof having SARS, he had suffered from a heart problem.&quot;<\/p>\n<p>Indonesia had earlier put the 56-year-old businessman among<br>\nits suspected SARS cases.<\/p>\n<p>The man arrived from Taipei on April 17 and was admitted on<br>\nApril 23 to Husada Hospital in Central Jakarta with a fever and<br>\nheart problems. The hospital later transferred him to Sulianti<br>\nSaroso Infectious Diseases Hospital (RSPI) in North Jakarta,<br>\nwhere he died one hour after receiving treatment.<\/p>\n<p>Sjafii said the man&apos;s body had been cremated.<\/p>\n<p>WHO technical officer in Jakarta, Mark Brooks, confirmed the<br>\nman was not a SARS victim.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;It&apos;s based on the autopsy result, which just came out today,&quot;<br>\nBrooks said, as quoted by AFP, adding it was involved in the<br>\nexamination.<\/p>\n<p>WHO had excluded the man from the list of probable SARS cases.<br>\nOfficially, Indonesia has reported two probable cases.<\/p>\n<p>The first was a Briton who had been treated in RSPI and later<br>\ndischarged as his condition had improved. However, he fled to<br>\nHong Kong without informing Indonesia&apos;s health authorities.<\/p>\n<p>The second is still being treated in Adam Malik Hospital,<br>\nMedan, North Sumatra. His condition is reportedly improving.<\/p>\n<p>On Wednesday, one new potential case was admitted to RSPI.<\/p>\n<p>The Taiwanese government, meanwhile, announced two new SARS<br>\ndeaths, including a 26-year-old Indonesian female contracted to<br>\ntake care of patients in the northern city of Keelung.<\/p>\n<p>Her body would be cremated in 24 hours, a health official told<br>\nAFP.<\/p>\n<p>WHO&apos;s April 29 report on probable global SARS cases showed<br>\n5,462 people had been infected, 353 of whom had died.<\/p>\n<p>In Singapore, 201 people have been infected and 24 have died.<\/p>\n<p>The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) said Wednesday that the<br>\nSingaporean government had been implementing tight measures to<br>\ncurb the spread of SARS, standards beyond those of WHO.<\/p>\n<p>Herman Susanto, a businessman who just arrived from Singapore<br>\non Tuesday, told the Post that spread of SARS had slowed in<br>\nSingapore thanks to the standards.<\/p>\n<p>&quot;The country&apos;s government installed temperature scanners in<br>\nChangi Airport. They also used news media effectively to raise<br>\npeople&apos;s awareness of the disease,&quot; he said.<\/p>\n<p>Citing an example, he said the Singapore government, using the<br>\nmedia, had told people to take care when visiting a particular<br>\ndrugstore and shopping center after a new SARS patient admitted<br>\nto having visited them.<\/p>\n<p>Another traveler said he was appalled that he was not<br>\nsubjected to any testing at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport<br>\nafter arriving from Singapore on Wednesday.<\/p>\n<p>Meanwhile, the United States government is donating 5,000 N-95<br>\nrespirator face masks to help Indonesia combat the spread of<br>\nSARS.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/indonesia-revises-sars-death-report-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}