{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1808176,
        "msgid": "indonesia-prepares-electric-stove-project-heres-what-the-energy-ministry-says-1781697217",
        "date": "2026-06-17 18:00:00",
        "title": "Indonesia Prepares Electric Stove Project, Here's What the Energy Ministry Says",
        "author": "",
        "source": "CNBC",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Energy",
        "summary": "The Indonesian government is advancing an electric stove programme to reduce reliance on imported LPG, which currently costs the country over Rp130 trillion annually in foreign exchange. Energy Minister Bahlil Lahadalia confirmed the initiative is included in the 2027 budget proposal, targeting households with electricity connections below 900 KVA. The scheme is still under detailed discussion regarding distribution mechanisms and recipient data synchronisation.",
        "content": "<p>Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) Bahlil Lahadalia is\ncontinuing efforts to diversify energy sources to reduce dependence on\nimported Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). One of the steps being prepared\nis an electric stove programme that has been proposed in the indicative\nbudget ceiling for 2027. Approximately 80% of national LPG demand must\nstill be imported from abroad. This high import figure is the main cause\nof the large annual foreign exchange expenditure. \u201cIn the context of\npromoting the energy mix, we know that 80% of our LPG is imported. And\nour foreign exchange spent on LPG each year is at least Rp120 trillion.\nAt current Indonesian Crude Price (ICP) levels, our foreign exchange\nspent on purchasing LPG is above Rp130 trillion. The subsidy is above\nRp80 trillion,\u201d Bahlil said when met at the House of Representatives\n(DPR) building, as quoted on Wednesday (17\/6\/2026). Bahlil assessed that\nif this condition is allowed to continue, it will become a burden on the\nnational economy. Therefore, the government is beginning to encourage\nthe use of electric stoves as an alternative household energy source.\n\u201cSo one of the alternatives is that we promote electric stoves. As an\ninitial stage, we are currently requesting models of electric stoves\nthat operate below 900 KVA,\u201d he said. Meanwhile, when asked about the\nbudget allocation of approximately Rp819 billion for the programme,\nBahlil admitted he could not yet confirm the number of electric stove\nunits to be provided. He said his party is still waiting for further\nbudget discussions. \u201cThis is still in the initial three-unit stage, it\nhasn\u2019t been finalised yet. We\u2019ll wait for the budget discussion with the\nDPR, perhaps in August the number of units will be determined,\u201d Bahlil\nstated. In agreement, Deputy Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources\nYuliot Tanjung explained that the implementation scheme and distribution\nmechanism for the electric stoves are still in the in-depth discussion\nphase. He mentioned that the energy authority is reviewing various\naspects so that this transition policy can be well received by the wider\ncommunity. \u201cRegarding the electric stoves, discussions are still\nongoing. It was already explained by Mr Bahlil yesterday,\u201d he said at\nthe Ministry of ESDM office in Jakarta on Wednesday (17\/6\/2026). The\nplan to shift to electric energy had previously been included in the\nministry\u2019s priority programme proposal alongside the development of\nCompressed Natural Gas (CNG) for the household sector. The government\nviews the use of electric stoves as more effective in optimising the\ndomestic electricity supply surplus while strengthening national energy\nsecurity. To date, the government continues to synchronise data on\nprospective recipients and prepare supporting infrastructure at the\nregional level. The Ministry of ESDM hopes that through the energy mix\nof electricity and domestic natural gas, Indonesia\u2019s dependence on\nimports can be significantly reduced within the next few years.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/indonesia-prepares-electric-stove-project-heres-what-the-energy-ministry-says-1781697217",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}