{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1645297,
        "msgid": "escalation-of-lebanon-conflict-two-tni-soldiers-fall-ministry-of-defence-urges-thorough-investigation-1774929143",
        "date": "2026-03-31 10:21:00",
        "title": "Escalation of Lebanon Conflict: Two TNI Soldiers Fall, Ministry of Defence Urges Thorough Investigation",
        "author": "Eksa",
        "source": "MEDIA_INDONESIA",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "The Indonesian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the deaths of two TNI soldiers and severe injuries to two others during a peacekeeping mission with UNIFIL in southern Lebanon amid escalating conflict, with an investigation underway to determine the cause. The government is calling for all parties to respect international humanitarian law and prioritise the safety of peacekeeping forces, while reaffirming Indonesia's commitment to global peace efforts. This incident, following the loss of another soldier the previous day, has drawn sharp criticism from Indonesian lawmakers and experts, highlighting the risks faced by the Garuda contingent.",
        "content": "<p>The escalation of conflict in southern Lebanon has once again claimed\nlives from the international peacekeeping force. The Ministry of Defence\n(Kemenhan) has confirmed that two Indonesian National Army (TNI)\nsoldiers fell while carrying out the United Nations Interim Force in\nLebanon (UNIFIL) peacekeeping mission on Monday (30\/3).<\/p>\n<p>The Head of the Defence Information Bureau of Kemenhan, Brigadier\nGeneral Rico Ricardo Sirait, explained that the tragic incident occurred\namid rising intensity of battles in the operational area of the UN\nforce. \u201cTwo TNI soldiers are reported to have fallen, while two others\nsustained severe injuries,\u201d Rico stated in his official remarks on\nTuesday (31\/3).<\/p>\n<p>The incident began when several personnel from the TNI Task Force\nwere carrying out escort duties to support UNIFIL operational activities\nin southern Lebanon. To date, authorities have not released details on\nthe exact cause of the attack or clash that killed the personnel.<\/p>\n<p>Rico emphasised that the fact-finding process is currently underway\ninternally by the international organisation. \u201cTo date, the exact cause\nof the incident is still under investigation by UNIFIL in accordance\nwith applicable mechanisms,\u201d he said.<\/p>\n<p>Regarding the surviving victims, Kemenhan assured that the two\nsoldiers with severe injuries have received intensive medical treatment\nat a healthcare facility in Beirut, Lebanon. All evacuation steps are\nclaimed to have followed the United Nations\u2019 standard operating\nprocedures (SOP).<\/p>\n<p>In response to the increasingly heated situation, the Indonesian\nGovernment urges all conflicting parties to exercise restraint and\nrespect the presence of peacekeeping forces. The safety of international\npersonnel must be a priority amid the turmoil of war. \u201cEvacuation and\nmedical treatment steps were carried out quickly in accordance with\nUnited Nations operational procedures,\u201d he said.<\/p>\n<p>Rico also stressed that this incident will not diminish Indonesia\u2019s\nrole in global defence diplomacy. \u201cIndonesia remains committed to\nactively contributing to maintaining world peace and supporting regional\nstability through participation in UN peacekeeping missions,\u201d he\nasserted.<\/p>\n<p>This loss adds to the grief for the TNI corps. Previously, on Sunday\n(29\/3), one soldier named Praka Farizal Rhomadhon was also declared\nfallen in a similar incident.<\/p>\n<p>Three other comrades, namely Praka Rico Pramudia, Praka Bayu Prakoso,\nand Praka Arif Kurniawan, are reported to still be under treatment due\nto injuries. They are part of the Garuda XXIII-S Mechanised Battalion\nTask Force contingent tasked with maintaining stability along the\nLebanon border.<\/p>\n<p>The latest incident occurred on Monday (30\/3), when an explosion\nstruck a UNIFIL logistics convoy near Bani Hayyan. This event caused two\nIndonesian personnel to fall.<\/p>\n<p>Despite the increasing risks in the field, the TNI remains steadfast\nin its international commitments.<\/p>\n<p>Members of Commission I of the Indonesian House of Representatives\n(DPR RI) stated that the Israeli military attack causing the death of a\nTNI soldier in the UNIFIL peacekeeping mission in Lebanon must be taken\nseriously by the government.<\/p>\n<p>The incident has triggered sharp scrutiny from various parties,\nincluding international relations observer from Padjadjaran University,\nTeuku Rezasyah.<\/p>\n<p>Foreign Minister RI Sugiono revealed that the attack on the UN\nInterim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) on Sunday (29\/3) injured three RI\npersonnel. One of them was seriously injured.<\/p>\n<p>UNIFIL is investigating the artillery attack that killed one TNI\nsoldier in southern Lebanon. The TNI is increasing vigilance amid the\nescalation of conflict.<\/p>\n<p>The TNI confirmed the death of Praka Farizal Rhomadhon in the UNIFIL\nmission in Lebanon. Three other soldiers are injured, and the\ninvestigation into the cause of the incident is ongoing.<\/p>\n<p>The DPR RI urges a thorough investigation into the death of TNI\nsoldiers in a missile attack on the headquarters of the UN peacekeeping\nforce (UNIFIL) in Lebanon.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/escalation-of-lebanon-conflict-two-tni-soldiers-fall-ministry-of-defence-urges-thorough-investigation-1774929143",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}