{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1702602,
        "msgid": "deputy-interior-minister-cancel-rp-25-billion-budget-for-east-kalimantan-governors-residence-if-not-a-priority-1777265492",
        "date": "2026-04-27 11:31:34",
        "title": "Deputy Interior Minister: Cancel Rp 25 Billion Budget for East Kalimantan Governor's Residence If Not a Priority",
        "author": "Danu Damarjati",
        "source": "KOMPAS",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "Deputy Interior Minister Bima Arya Sugiarto has urged the cancellation of a Rp 25 billion budget allocation for renovating the East Kalimantan Governor's official residence, specifically items like massage chairs and seawater aquariums, if they are not deemed urgent, emphasising the need for efficiency in public spending. This directive comes amid public backlash and ongoing scrutiny from the Interior Ministry, which has deployed inspectors and maintains close communication with the provincial government. The controversy highlights broader calls for ethical leadership, prioritising public welfare over personal facilities, following the governor's public apology on social media.",
        "content": "<p>JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - Deputy Interior Minister (Wamendagri) Bima Arya\nSugiarto has requested the cancellation of the budget for procuring\nmassage chairs and seawater aquariums for the official residence (rujab)\nof East Kalimantan Governor Rudi Mas\u2019ud if it is not urgent.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cYes, if it\u2019s not a priority, just cancel it,\u201d Bima stated at the\nInterior Ministry Plaza in Jakarta on Monday (27\/4\/2026).<\/p>\n<p>Bima Arya asked Rudi Mas\u2019ud to reconsider the use of the Rp 25\nbillion budget in the detailed budget plan (RAB).<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThis is something that must be carefully considered by the Governor,\nand we are asking the Governor to really reconsider and review it.\nEverything can be adjusted,\u201d Bima said.<\/p>\n<p>He emphasised that the use of the budget related to the renovation of\nthe East Kalimantan Governor\u2019s official residence must adhere to the\nprinciple of efficiency.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cYes, we leave it to the regional government; what we want is for it\nto be returned to the principle of efficiency,\u201d he said.<\/p>\n<p>Furthermore, Bima affirmed that the Interior Ministry is also giving\nspecial attention to the controversy surrounding the East Kalimantan\nGovernor, which is currently under public spotlight.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cEast Kalimantan is something we are accompanying specially because\nthere are many complaints, and we are also observing the public opinions\nthat exist,\u201d Bima said.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cSo, East Kalimantan has many notes from us. We will certainly\nrespond to every development. There is an Inspector General whom we have\nsent there, and colleagues from the Regional Autonomy (Otda) who are\nalso communicating and reminding. In essence, the spirit of efficiency\nmust continue to be upheld,\u201d he added.<\/p>\n<p>Bima admitted that his side always reminds Governor Rudi about the\nprinciple of efficiency and ethics.<\/p>\n<p>He also stated that a leader must prioritise the people first.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cAnd a leader, yes, must be the last one to be pleased; the leader\nmust be the last one to be comfortable. A leader is not oriented towards\nfacilities. A leader is oriented towards works and performance. We hope\nthat this spirit is realised by regional heads, including the Governor,\u201d\nBima remarked.<\/p>\n<p>It was previously reported that East Kalimantan Governor Rudi Mas\u2019ud\nhas finally expressed an apology to the public regarding the controversy\nover the Rp 25 billion official residence renovation plan, which has\ndrawn widespread criticism from the public.<\/p>\n<p>The apology was conveyed through his personal Instagram account,\n<span class=\"citation\" data-cites=\"h.rudymasud\">@h.rudymasud<\/span>, on\nSunday (26\/4\/2026) around 10:00 p.m. WITA, in response to the growing\npublic concern over the past few days.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/deputy-interior-minister-cancel-rp-25-billion-budget-for-east-kalimantan-governors-residence-if-not-a-priority-1777265492",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}