{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1667313,
        "msgid": "convicted-child-molester-in-tangsel-case-apprehended-1775739054",
        "date": "2026-04-09 19:15:08",
        "title": "Convicted child molester in Tangsel case apprehended",
        "author": "",
        "source": "ANTARA_ID",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Legal",
        "summary": "The High Prosecutor's Office of Banten has arrested 63-year-old Maskuri, a fugitive convicted of child molestation in Pamulang, South Tangerang, after he hid in Tegal Regency, Central Java for a year. The Supreme Court upheld his three-year prison sentence and a fine of Rp50 million, reversing an initial acquittal by the Tangerang District Court, following a successful cassation appeal by prosecutors. This capture underscores the prosecutorial commitment to executing final court rulings and ensuring accountability for serious crimes against children.",
        "content": "<p>South Tangerang (ANTARA) - The High Prosecutor\u2019s Office (Kejati) of\nBanten arrested Maskuri (63), the convict in a child molestation case in\nPamulang, South Tangerang City (Tangsel), on Wednesday (8\/4) at his\nhiding place in Tegal Regency, Central Java. \u201cHe was apprehended by the\nfugitive capture team (tabur) around 18:40 WIB,\u201d said the Head of the\nInformation Technology and Intelligence Production Section of Kejati\nBanten, Armansyah Lubis, in Tangerang on Thursday. He explained that the\ncase had been decided by the Supreme Court under Number 4465\nK\/Pid.Sus\/2025. \u201cThe individual has been on the wanted list (DPO) for\nthe past year,\u201d he stated. The arrest process for this fugitive, he\nsaid, began with accurate information received by the Kejati Banten\nTabur Team regarding Maskuri\u2019s whereabouts, hiding at his nephew\u2019s\nhouse. \u201cThe team then moved quickly and successfully captured him\nwithout resistance,\u201d he added. According to him, the case has acquired\nfinal legal force through the Supreme Court decision Number 4465\nK\/Pid.Sus\/2025, which declared him guilty in the child molestation case.\nHe noted that the convict was sentenced to three years\u2019 imprisonment and\na fine of Rp50 million, subsidiary six months\u2019 confinement. \u201cThe Supreme\nCourt stated that the defendant was legally and convincingly proven to\nhave committed the criminal act of enticing a child for indecent acts,\u201d\nhe said. Previously, Maskuri had been declared not guilty by the\nTangerang District Court. However, prosecutors filed a cassation appeal,\nleading the Supreme Court to overturn that decision and declare the\ndefendant guilty. After the decision gained final legal force, the\nconvict failed to comply with the execution summons and was added to the\nDPO list. After being captured, he continued, Maskuri was immediately\ntaken to the South Tangerang District Prosecutor\u2019s Office for further\nprocessing. He emphasised that the arrest is part of the Prosecutor\u2019s\nOffice\u2019s commitment to executing court decisions that have final legal\nforce and ensuring that no criminals escape legal accountability.\n\u201cSubsequently, the convict will undergo checks and be executed to the\nTangerang Class IIA Youth Prison,\u201d he said.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/convicted-child-molester-in-tangsel-case-apprehended-1775739054",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}