{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1597642,
        "msgid": "commander-orders-tni-alert-level-1-defence-ministry-explains-1773034703",
        "date": "2026-03-09 07:28:42",
        "title": "Commander Orders TNI Alert Level 1; Defence Ministry Explains",
        "author": "Erik Purnama Putra",
        "source": "REPUBLIKA",
        "tags": "",
        "topic": "Politics",
        "summary": "Indonesia's Defence Ministry has responded to a TNI Commander's telegram ordering alert level 1 readiness across all military units, effective from 1 March 2026. The Defence Ministry spokesperson clarified that this heightened alert is a standard operational procedure in response to global and regional security dynamics, particularly concerning the Middle East conflict, and does not necessarily indicate a direct emergency or threat to Indonesia. The order directs various TNI commands to enhance personnel readiness, patrol vital infrastructure, conduct continuous air surveillance, and coordinate potential civilian evacuations whilst monitoring domestic stability.",
        "content": "<p>Jakarta \u2014 Indonesia\u2019s Defence Ministry (Kemenhan) has responded to\nthe circulation of TNI Commander Telegram Number TR\/283\/2026, which\ncontains instructions for alert level 1 readiness across TNI units.\nAccording to the Head of the Defence Information Bureau (Karo Infohan)\nat the Defence Ministry Secretariat, Brigadier General Rico Ricardo\nSirait, alert level determination for units is fundamentally within the\noperational authority of the TNI Commander in the supervision and\ncontrol of TNI force readiness.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThis measure forms part of internal procedures to ensure all units\nremain in a state of readiness to address various developments in the\nstrategic situation,\u201d said Rico when confirmed by Republika in Jakarta\non Monday, 9 March 2026.<\/p>\n<p>He explained that regarding the circulating telegram, the enhancement\nof alert readiness is essentially a tactical-operational consideration\nwithin the TNI framework. In the working relationship mechanism between\nKemenhan and TNI, Rico stated that operational matters of this nature do\nnot always require prior approval from Kemenhan.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cHowever, in principle it forms part of coordination and notification\nwithin the framework of national defence supervision,\u201d Rico said.<\/p>\n<p>He stressed that alert readiness must be understood as a standard\nprocedure in the defence system, particularly when global and regional\nsecurity dynamics occur.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThis does not immediately indicate an emergency situation or direct\nthreat to Indonesia, but rather a precautionary measure to ensure the\nreadiness of personnel and units,\u201d Rico said.<\/p>\n<p>He assured that Kemenhan supports every professional step taken by\nTNI in maintaining the alert readiness of national defence forces, in\naccordance with its primary duty of protecting national sovereignty and\nterritorial integrity, \u201cand protecting the entire nation and all\nIndonesian territory,\u201d Rico stated.<\/p>\n<p>Previously, in a document obtained by Republika, the telegram was\nsigned by the TNI Commander\u2019s Assistant for Operations (Asops)\nLieutenant General Bobby Rinal Makmun in Jakarta on 1 March 2026. To\nanticipate domestic conditions resulting from the Middle East conflict,\nvarious TNI organisations were ordered to implement alert level 1\nreadiness across all their units from 1 March 2026 until concluded.<\/p>\n<p>There are seven important instructions for the TNI. First: the TNI\nMain Operations Command (Pangkotamaops) shall place personnel and\nequipment on alert in its units and conduct patrols at strategic vital\nobjects (obvit) and economic centres, including airports, seaports and\nriverports, railway stations, bus terminals, and PLN offices.<\/p>\n<p>Second: the National Air Defence Command (Kohanudnas) shall conduct\ncontinuous early detection and air surveillance for 24 hours.<\/p>\n<p>Third: TNI Strategic Intelligence Agency (Bais) shall order\nIndonesian defence attach\u00e9s (athan) in affected countries to identify,\nmap, and plan evacuation of Indonesian nationals (WNI) if necessary and\ncoordinate with the Foreign Ministry (Kemenlu), Indonesian Embassies\n(KBRI), and relevant authorities according to escalation in the Middle\nEast region.<\/p>\n<p>Fourth: Kodam Jaya\/Jayakarta shall conduct patrols at strategic vital\nplaces and embassies and anticipate situational developments in\nmaintaining conduciveness in the Jakarta Special Capital Region.<\/p>\n<p>Fifth: TNI intelligence units shall conduct early detection and early\nprevention of groups at strategic vital places and embassies and\nanticipate situational developments in maintaining conduciveness in the\nJakarta Special Capital Region.<\/p>\n<p>Sixth: the Central Implementation Body (Balakpus) shall implement\nalert status in their respective units.<\/p>\n<p>Seventh: report all situational developments occurring to the TNI\nCommander when opportunity allows.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThis telegram is an order,\u201d as stated in the telegram obtained by\nRepublika in Jakarta on Saturday, 7 March 2026.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/commander-orders-tni-alert-level-1-defence-ministry-explains-1773034703",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}