{
    "success": true,
    "data": {
        "id": 1267200,
        "msgid": "bombers-still-at-large-in-poso-despite-peace-deal-1447893297",
        "date": "2002-04-08 00:00:00",
        "title": "Bombers still at large in Poso despite peace deal",
        "author": null,
        "source": "JP",
        "tags": null,
        "topic": null,
        "summary": "Bombers still at large in Poso despite peace deal Erik W., The Jakarta Post, Palu Three days after two bombs rocked the once strife-torn town of Poso in Central Sulawesi, no one has been summoned for questioning as a witness or suspect over the blast that has challenged peace there. Neither were any suspects arrested by the authorities after the previous bomb blast on March 20 that damaged the Poso social welfare office on Jl. Pulau Kalimantan.",
        "content": "<p>Bombers still at large in Poso despite peace deal<\/p>\n<p>Erik W., The Jakarta Post, Palu<\/p>\n<p>Three days after two bombs rocked the once strife-torn town of<br>\nPoso in Central Sulawesi, no one has been summoned for<br>\nquestioning as a witness or suspect over the blast that has<br>\nchallenged peace there.<\/p>\n<p>Neither were any suspects arrested by the authorities after<br>\nthe previous bomb blast on March 20 that damaged the Poso social<br>\nwelfare office on Jl. Pulau Kalimantan.<\/p>\n<p>The first explosion was blamed on the alleged unfair<br>\ndistribution of food aid intended for thousands of refugees who<br>\nfled their homes during two years of sectarian fighting in Poso.<\/p>\n<p>The home-made bombs exploded in the disused office of state-<br>\nowned water company PT PDAM at Ratulene village, around 15<br>\nkilometers from Poso, on Thursday evening.<\/p>\n<p>No casualties were reported in the consecutive bombings that<br>\nblew out windows and shattered floors in the building in the<br>\nsubdistrict of Poso Pesisir.<\/p>\n<p>Central Sulawesi Police spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. Agus Sugianto<br>\nsaid on Saturday that local authorities were still gathering<br>\nevidence for investigation.<\/p>\n<p>\"However, no witnesses have been questioned in the case,\" he<br>\ntold The Jakarta Post.<\/p>\n<p>Agus dismissed claims that the series of explosions were an<br>\nattempt to disrupt a peace accord signed by Muslim and Christian<br>\nleaders in December in the South Sulawesi hill resort of Malino.<\/p>\n<p>\"Despite the bombings, the security situation in Poso remains<br>\nconducive and there have been no significant upheavals,\" he<br>\nargued.<\/p>\n<p>He admitted, however, that the latest blast shattered the<br>\npeace enjoyed by the local people since the December peace deal.<\/p>\n<p>Meanwhile, head of the Central Sulawesi social welfare office<br>\nAndi Azikin Suyuti said claims that the second bombing was linked<br>\nto the alleged unfair distribution of aid for refugees needed to<br>\nbe investigated.<\/p>\n<p>He urged local security authorities to arrest the bombers of<br>\nboth PDAM and the social welfare office and take firm action<br>\nagainst them to prevent similar incidents from recurring.<\/p>\n<p>Azikin said he had reported the first bombing to the<br>\nCoordinating Ministry of Peoples' Welfare in Jakarta.<\/p>\n<p>He also said that until late last month, at least 3,546<br>\nfamilies consisting of a total of 15,608 refugees had returned<br>\nhome from camps across the province.<\/p>\n<p>The series of bombings took place despite the ongoing<br>\ndisarmament operations that started in early February and were<br>\nextended for one month until April.<\/p>",
        "url": "https:\/\/jawawa.id\/newsitem\/bombers-still-at-large-in-poso-despite-peace-deal-1447893297",
        "image": ""
    },
    "sponsor": "Okusi Associates",
    "sponsor_url": "https:\/\/okusiassociates.com"
}